The Life Sciences industry faces evolving rules and regulations, increased enforcement and strong competition. Porzio partners with our clients to help them realize their business objectives while managing legal risk. We collaborate with individuals at all levels, from the executives who design business strategies to the in-house counsel, compliance officers, regulatory personnel and human resources directors who manage day-to-day operations.
A Suite of Services
As a result of our extensive and diverse experience, our Life Science Industry Group members understand the business and legal concerns of pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies. Our client list ranges from venture-backed startups to many of the industry’s biggest names, with representation of more than 140 Life Sciences companies in the last three years alone. For more than 30 years, we have defended the industry’s leaders in product liability lawsuits, including individual lawsuits, class actions and consolidated mass torts. Today our attorneys operate across multiple disciplines to counsel Life Sciences companies through every stage of the product lifecycle.
We counsel Life Sciences clients on essential legal and business issues:
- Protecting intellectual property through patent prosecution and tradename selection and registration
- Manufacturing and distributing FDA-regulated products within the 50 states and D.C.
- Developing comprehensive compliance programs and conducting training about laws and industry standards
- Buying or selling business units and obtaining new financing
- Managing employment law issues, including discipline, termination, severance agreements, restrictive covenants and executive compensation
- Negotiating and drafting agreements with vendors, advertising agencies, suppliers and others
- Developing and renewing promotional labeling and advertising, field representative incentive programs, and consulting arrangements with healthcare professionals
- Resolving product liability and commercial disputes and lawsuits
- Representing creditors in bankruptcy matters when their customers seek liquidation or reorganization
- Addressing document management, retention and production
- Minimizing risk of enforcement actions including 483s and warning letters
Porzio has the unique advantage of utilizing the resources of our wholly owned subsidiary, Porzio Pharmaceutical Services, P.C., which offers the signature Porzio Compliance Digest, a real-time database of state and federal laws and enforcement activities that impact the Life Sciences industry. Through another wholly owned subsidiary, Porzio Governmental Affairs, LLC, we offer Life Sciences companies broad-based counseling in the areas of legislative advocacy, public policy, political contribution, “pay-to-play,” and election law compliance.
Our significant experience and resources across many disciplines allow us to provide superior, cost-effective work product and service to Life Sciences companies. Through our knowledge, guidance and advocacy, we are determined to enhance the strength and health of your business.
For more information about the services we offer Life Sciences companies, please contact Lauren E. Handler at 973-889-4326, Kenneth R. Meyer at 973-889-4321 or John P. Oroho at 973-889-4302.