PenRx is pleased to announce that we will be offering custom ground Pelikan M200 nib units in small batches. PenRx can custom grind a nib to your specifications, or you can choose from a variety of stock sizes. Currently PenRx is stocking M200 nibs in Stub, Arabic Italic and Cursive Italic nib forms. Line thickness can be tailored to your needs on custom ground nibs, and current stock nibs are either 0.9mm or 0.6mm line thickness. These nibs are steel nibs with gold plating, and fit all Pelikan pens from M200 up to M600 bodies. Prices do not include shipping and applicable taxes.
- Pelikan M200 Stub nib unit, 0.9mm or 0.6mm wide. $45
- Pelikan M200 Cursive Italic 0.9mm or 0.6mm wide. $45
- Pelikan M200 Arabic Italic, 0.9mm or 0.6mm wide. $60
We are also pleased to announce that we are taking on custom nib grinding requests on clients pens. Pricing will be quoted on an as per basis, but will start at $40 minimum. When reducing line width on client nibs, the nib will be inspected upon arrival and the client will be consulted if their wishes cannot be accommodated. This can happen if the tipping is in poor condition, not securely welded to the base nib material, or simply not wide enough to meet the requested final size. All nib width grinds require the nib tipping to be wider than the desired size.
- To regrind to Fine (0.5mm line width) $40
- To regrind to XF (0.4mm to 0.3mm width) $50
- To grind Stub Italic or Cursive Italic 0.6mm or wider $40
- To grind Stub Italic or Cursive Italic 0.5mm or narrower $50
- To grind Arabic Italic (nib has to be evaluated prior to grinding for sufficient tipping) $50
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011