Here we are, 6 years after the first RDD, and still the stories are told about it!
The original RDD was the 1st major Geocaching event in the Maritimes. 2010 marks the 10 year anniversary of Geocaching, and so, we figured this is a great time for its time for a return to the red dirt of beautiful Prince Edward Island.
So I give you…
So… OFF WE GO AGAIN!!!
1. Head northeast on Confederation Bridge – 4.0 km
2. Continue onto Route 1 – 45.8 km
3. Turn right at Ferry Rd – 1.7 km
4. Turn right at Holiday Haven Rd. 1.4 km
All teams will meet up at 9:30AM at the camp ground. We depart at 10AM and go our separate ways for the day. Teams are due back at Holiday Haven at 7pm. Whoever gets the most caches on the Island wins. At current press time (March 21st, 2010) there are over 1100 caches on the Island.
- All teams will depart Holiday Haven Camp Ground at 10am.
- Cachers are encouraged to travel in teams. Car pooling saves on gas costs, as well as helps the environment!
- The competition will end at 7PM PROMPTLY! FOR EVERY 5 MINUTES YOU ARE LATE WE WILL SUBTRACT ONE CACHE FROM YOUR TOTAL!!!
- PEI cachers are welcome to participate, but please keep in mind you cannot claim your own caches!
- Note: You do not need to participate in the challenge to be able to log this cache. As long as you come to the BBQ afterward, you can claim this event as having attended.
- 7:30pm will be the awards ceremony, as well as BBQ. Please bring your own food & beverage items. There is a store nearby, as well as bigger supermarkets in Charlottetown if you need to purchase edibles.
If you have an RV or camper, we would ask you contact the campground at (902)566-2421 and reserve a spot.
In the morning, we can all head out someplace for breakfast.
1st Place – Bag of Swag! – will go to the team who finds the most caches.
More prize categories to follow.
In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by the following criteria
1. Getting the 2 furthest caches on the Island from each other.
2. Whoever can produce a larger collection of empty Tim Horton’s cups fresh from the trip.
3. In the unlikely event of a tie at this stage, the competitors still tied will fight a grueling match of best of 3 rock – paper – scissors