Before purchasing a new computer consider your objectives and purpose.
Don't just focus on your immediate needs, plan for the future since you are
going through the expense anyways. Ask yourself a few questions
- Are you planning to copy/make DVD's?.
- Are you planning to make DVD's from your old VHS videos?
- You will need lots of memory (RAM), proper cables, a good size hard
drive and a faster machine plus proper software.
- Will you like take your computer to the cottage and all those
regular trips along with you?
- Obviously then, that a laptop should be your choice.
- Do you operate a small business?
Then your computer should be treated as business computer
including al back-up protocols in place (software & hardware) and
maybe, access restrictions.
An extra computer for your cottage, his and hers.
Off-lease computers, excellent conditions:
- Internet ready
- Programs installed
antivirus, office suite [open office] Adobe acrobat, Flash player, plug-ins,
- or we can customized it with your own software.
- Tuned up & updated.
Starting at $ 180.00
(some times cheaper systems are available but generally not recommended because of
their slow performance for some tasks)
- USB Cables
- Hard Drives
- DVD/CD Drives (writer/burners)
- Memory (RAM)
- Routers (wireless internet connection)
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011