Those of us who have had a massage know how great we feel after. Horses and Dogs receive the same benefits as we do!
* Increased muscle efficiency
* Increases range of motion
* Decreases muscle spasms
* Decreased recovery time for fatigued muscles
* Can help to increase muscle tone
* Relaxes and stimulates muscles to relieve soreness, tension, stiffness and weakness
* Mobilizes soft tissue
* Decrease in blood pressure
* Decrease in heart rate
* As a reflex to massage vasodilation occurs to the veins and arteries.
* Blood Flow of the arterial and arteriolar is increased
* Relieves Pain and stimulates motor nerves
* Improves Proprioception
* Improves tone and elasticity of skin
* Assists normal glandular function
* Improves quality of coat/Fur
Massage also helps aid in digestion, respiration, lymphatic system and elimination, and Skeletal system.