File Share Activity Monitoring
Access Controls, Audit Trail, Activity Monitoring
Organizations are faced with addressing ever-increasing compliance regulations and insider threats, requiring tighter policies and controls around “unstructured” file sharing data. Intellectual property, financial information, patient healthcare records and credit card data are just a few examples of sensitive assets that require tight user access auditing and controls. Merely finding and classifying these assets is difficult enough, but managing access control rights to “least privilege” and auditing access are even greater challenges. These requirements must be also met in an efficient manner, without affecting availability and performance. Comprehensive audit trail and real-time enforcement for file shares with no agents, in-line appliances, or reliance on APIs
PacketMotion’s PacketSentry not only captures and saves detailed user transactions across a wide array of file shares (NetApp, EMC, Windows Servers, SharePoint and NFS) it also maps out sensitive data, identifies file owners, provides detailed access reports, and enforces policies. Unlike other solutions on the market, PacketSentry accomplishes these tasks without the use of agents or in-line appliances, allowing you to integrate PacketSentry into your network in a matter of hours, without the possibility of affecting production data or taxing system resources. With Active Directory (AD) based policies, access rights automatically update as users are moved to different AD groups, offering unparalleled ease of management.
- Full audit trail of user and administrator file share data access
- Real-time alerting and enforcement to block access by unauthorized staff
- Complete Access Control Rights Management solution
- Identifies likely in-scope data for internal audit or compliance based on activity monitoring of key user groups.
- File ownership reports – identifies data owners based on actual access, supporting ongoing access control rights management
- Summarizes access to help determine least privilege access controls for users and groups
- File systems permissions auditing and reporting – detect rights assigned that bypass AD-group level controls
- Identifies excessive/abnormal data access levels
- Dormant File Management – Identifying files that are no longer needed on the server
- Active Directory synchronization supports user, group, and host-based reporting.
- Lowers the cost of audit and compliance with its unique architecture and automated policies
- No logging, agents, or in-line appliances
, Activity Monitoring
, Audit Trail