Introducing - The High Performance Edge of Topically Delivered Cellular Performance (TDCP)
Athletes are continuously subjected to rigorous training sessions that result in sustained micro-trauma to skeletal muscle and the surrounding fascia. When developing IGNITE®, ZANAGEN® started searching for key ingredients that can reverse the combined inflammatory and oxidative stress that occurs to the body during exhaustive exercise.
incorporates the infusion of a number of key active ingredients including arginine hydrochloride, pomegranate, and emu oil which play critical roles in protecting the body from oxidative and inflammatory stress but also priming the musculoskeletal system for physical performance by combating muscular fatigue by increasing local blood flow to the areas of application.
Introducing – Accelerated Recovery with Topically Delivered Cellular Recovery (TDCR)
Major trauma presents real challenges as the slow and inefficient healing of muscle tissue results in poor recovery outcomes leading to further injuries. An inefficient repair process often leads to the formulation of fibrotic (scar) tissue. ZANAGEN® recognized that in the field of performance athletics even a slight injury can hamper performance. ZANAGEN® set out to change the course of recovery for athletes by developing a topical recovery cream called XCCELERATE® which was specifically formulated with the following intent: increase the regenerative capacity of damaged muscles and reduce the build up of scar tissue all while decreasing pain and inflammation associated with intense exercise. XCCELERATE® incorporates the following nutraceutical ingredients: menthol, superoxide dismutase, radix angelicae and Celadrin®.
The value of XCCELERATE® is recognized when it is used immediately after a strenuous bout of exercise. XCCELERATE® not only reduces the discomfort experienced with delayed onset muscle soreness associated with exercise, it helps reduce inflammation and cellular damage therefore helping athletes to recover faster and be ready to perform for the next challenge.
Performance, endurance and recovery can be enhanced by alternating applications of both IGNITE® and XCCELERATE® products. We don’t guarantee that these products are enough to build a top-class athlete however they will provide you with a legal edge in performance and when the difference between first place and second can be measured in milliseconds why leave it to chance.
IGNITE® and XCCELERATE® work in tandem as a system and are designed to increases physical performance and accelerates recovery by selectively delivering key natural ingredients to support modulate pain and support connective tissue healing. We have identified six potential benefits from using IGNITE® and XCCELERATE® in training or therapy as seen below:
- Pain is reduced through the following modes of action:
- Celadrin® - mainly reduce inflammation by two unique mechanisms. The first is by inhibition of 5-lipooxygense enzyme which is a potent mediator of inflammation and secondly by inhibition of pro-inflammatory cytokine release (eg. TNF-α, interleukin1β).
- Radix Anglicae - works as a central analgesic by increasing beta endorphin levels. Act as an anti-inflammatory by inhibiting IL-1β induced COX-2 expression which is a key enzyme in the inflammatory cascade.
- Pomegranate - acts as an anti-inflammatory by inhibiting not just the cycloxygenase and lipooxygenase enzymes associated with inflammation but also is capable of inhibiting other cytokines such as IL-1β.
- Emu Oil - has been reported by a number of studies to exhibit anti-inflammatory properties. The latest study to date demonstrated that emu oil applied topically significantly decreased the levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines IL-1α and TNF-α.
- Injury Prevention is accomplished through the following mode of action:
- Arginine hydrochloride – increases vasodilation in the muscle which improves blood flow and increases muscle muscle temperature resulting in greater muscle elasticity, reduced chance of muscle tears, and increased extensibility of connective tissues within muscle.
- Blood Perfusion is increased through the connective tissue by the following modes of action:
- Arginine hydrochloride - increases local levels of nitric oxide which will cause increased vasodilation in the muscle. This will allow the muscles to warm up faster and reach a higher level of peak efficiency.
- Faster Healing is via the following modes of action:
- Arginine hydrochloride - improves the delivery of oxygen, nutrients, amino acids and anabolic hormones (IGF-1, testosterone, GH) to their sites of action due to L-arginine’s vasodilatory effect. This jumpstarts the repair process.
- Superoxide dismutase - increases the level of desmin expression suggesting that the use of SOD after an injury is beneficial in accelerating the regeneration of injured skeletal muscle.
- Scar tissue formation is mitigated by the following modes of action:
- Celadrin® - when inflammation is left out of control inflammatory cytokines such TGF-β1 drives fibrosis using an intracellular pathway involving the ALK5 receptor and signalling molecules Smad 2 and Smad 3. Scar tissue leads to biomechanical stiffness which not only mechanically alters soft tissue from normal (strength and elasticity), but also neurologically resulting in dysfunctional (proprioceptive behaviour and supersensitivity). Celadrin® is a proprietary compound composed of cetylated fatty acid esters and other active synergists. Cetylated fatty acids mainly reduce inflammation by two unique mechanisms. The first is by inhibition of 5-lipooxygense enzyme which is a potent mediator of inflammation and secondly by inhibition of pro-inflammatory cytokine release (eg. TNF-α, interleukin1β).
- Physiological Performance is enhanced by a variety of actions:
- Arginine hydrochloride – decreases the onset of muscular and reduces the recurrence of muscle cramping by reducing muscle and plasma lactate and ammonia levels, preventing oxygen deficit in muscle through vasodilation, increasing glucose clearance in muscle assisting in the removal of toxic free radicals, pro-inflammatory cytokines, prostanoids, collagenases and cytotoxic compounds such as peroxynitrite which damage myofibers.
- Faster Action and quicker results
- No dilution as with oral metabolism
- Specific control over administration
- Requires less dosage amounts than oral methods
- Targets specific site of action
- Less systemic side effects
TCD in no way replaces existing physiotherapy and/or medical treatments. But, instead these topicals are designed to be used as an adjunct to physiotherapy management with the intent of improving patient outcomes. The usage of these topicals with a therapeutic treatment program will improve the following clinical areas:
- Support healing
- Minimize chronic inflammation
- Improve circulation
- Reduce fibrosis
- Reduce pain
Support and maximize existing soft tissue treatment protocols to improve patient outcomes.