Aeration / Lawn Core Aerating
Eco Gro Lawn Care
lawn care, Aeration
What Is Aerating and Core Aeration?
Lawn Aeration is one of the single most important services that will improve and create a healthy lawn. Aerating is the process of removing small plugs of soil and thatch from your lawn to encourage new root growth. Lawn aeration allows more oxygen and nutrients to reach the roots, helps old grasses decompose faster, improves root structure and increases your lawns resistance to drought. The new growth will be much healthier. This process is known as core aeration within the lawn care industry. The cores are simply left on the lawn to remain and decompose back into the soil. This will ocurr in about 2 to 3 weeks time. The decomposition process can be speed up by mowing your lawn more frequently once the cores have dried out. The action of the mowing process breaks up the cores more quickly and will reintroduce it back into your lawn.
What are all the Benefits of Aeration?
- Improved air exchange between the soil and atmosphere.
- Enhanced soil water uptake.
- Improved fertilizer uptake and use.
- Reduced water runoff and puddling.
- Improved turfgrass rooting.
- Reduced soil compaction.
- Enhanced heat and drought stress tolerance.
- Improved resiliency and cushioning.
- Enhanced thatch breakdown
, lawn care