What questions to ask your Wedding Officiant
The wedding officiant you decide on should create a wedding ceremony that’s in line with your religious and personal beliefs. Before you decide who to hire, following are some key questions you need to ask your wedding officiant.
1. Will you marry us if we are of different faiths?
2. Will you marry us if one or both of us have been divorced?
3. Will you officiate our ceremony if we are not current members of a church?
4. What is your fee and what does it include?
5. Do you require premarital or religious classes? What are those requirements?
6. Would you allow another officiant to take part in the ceremony?
7. Can we personalize our ceremony by writing our own vows or selecting specific readings or music?
8. Can we choose non-religious readings or music?
9. Would you be willing to give a sermon during the ceremony? If so, can we have some input?
10. Should we bring you the marriage license before the wedding date? Will you process the paperwork with the Government?
11. Is the rehearsal part of the fee? Do you offer different packages?
12. Would you like to come to the wedding reception with your spouse?
If so, would you be willing to give a blessing or prayer before the meal?
13. Are there any restrictions as to our attire, or our bridal party’s attire?
14. Is flash photography allowed during the ceremony?
15. Will you wear a microphone if the videographer requires one to capture the ceremony?
16. Do you perform same sex, interfaith, civil, religious, non denominational ceremonies, etc.
Have a Wonder-Filled Wedding!
Rev. Rudy Heezen
Custom-designed wedding ceremonies. Beautifully crafted, personalized and presented by Ordained Toronto Minister and Toronto Wedding Officiant Rev.Rudy! Contact us anytime. We look forward in being part of Your Special day! Visit our BLOG