Canadian Tire Financial Services - Savings Application
Canadian Tire Financial Services
Tire Financial Services
Tire Financial Services
At Canadian Tire Financial Services, we make it fast and simple to apply for our† products and services. Apply now and start putting your money to work for you. Already bank with us†? Prefer to apply another way?
What do you need to apply?
There are a few things you need to know and some information that you'll want to have with you to make it fast and easy for you to sign up. This application should take about 10 minutes to complete, and then you'll be on your way to being nice to your money. The Details:
In order to open an account, you must be a resident of Canada and be at least 12 years of age. Unfortunately, we can't accept applications from residents of Quebec at this time. To Apply For An Account, You'll Need:
- Your Social Insurance Number (SIN - We need your SIN for income tax purposes and for identification verification purposes to prevent errors and fraud.)
- A cheque from one of your own accounts at another Canadian financial institution to deposit. The cheque allows us to verify your identity and link your Canadian Tire account to the account the cheque was written from.
- For joint accounts:
- It is important that a co-applicant be present at the time of application in order to review the account terms and privacy communication.
- You'll need to send a cheque from one of your joint accounts with both your signatures, or, you can complete and mail in two separate cheques, one from each of you.
- To comply with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations, we are required to confirm your identity and the identity of any joint account holders, using two separate sources, prior to opening your account. In order to do this, we will use information that we request of you, such as your pre-printed cheque, and information we obtain from a third party, such as the information on file at a consumer reporting agency. If we are unable to verify your identity using both sources, we may be required (per AML regulations) to decline your application.
What happens next?
Once you've submitted your application: print the confirmation page, fill out a cheque with the initial amount you'd like to deposit into your new account. Place the cheque and the confirmation page in an envelope and mail it to us. Full details about next steps appear on the confirmation page of this application.