Donations to Departments, Clubs, and Charities – Graduate Student Association (GSA), University of Waterloo

By: Graduate Student Association  09-12-2011
Keywords: Graduate Student Association

Donations to Departments, Clubs, and Charities – Graduate Student Association (GSA), University of Waterloo

The three types of GSA donations are:

Departmental donation
Each department can apply once per term. Funding can go to one event or several (e.g. a seminar series). Must apply on behalf of the departmental graduate student association if it exists. Maximum value: $(100+ number of grad students in the department)
Club donation
Each GSA-recognized club [, ] can apply once per term. (A club can be recognized if it has 5 grad student members and a ). The award must go to a single event open to all grad students, which the GSA will advertise in the e-news. Must apply three weeks in advance. Maximum value: $100
Charitable donation
This is a donation made to an incorporated charity or in support of a special event. Such a donation cannot be made to the same charity, or to two very similar special events, more than once in a calendar year. Maximum value: $100

We encourage all to apply in order to maximize their GSA benefits.

The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011

Keywords: Graduate Student Association

Contact Graduate Student Association


Print this page

Other products and services from Graduate Student Association


Health and Dental Plan Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Graduate Student Association (GSA), University of Waterloo

The newly combined FEDS/GSA Health & Dental Plans came into effect Sept. 1, 2006 and provides increased dental coverage for graduate students and new vision care coverage for undergraduate students, compared to the previous plan. Claims processing is delayed during the first two months of the Fall Term while waits for complete enrolment lists, after opt outs and enrolments have been processed.


Health and Dental Plans – Graduate Student Association (GSA), University of Waterloo

Your Student Health & Dental Plan does not replace basic medical coverage such as the Ontario Health Insurance Plan or equivalent coverage such as the University Health Insurance Plan for International Students. It was designed to provide many important services and cover expenses not covered by a basic health-care plan, such as: prescription drugs, dental care, eye exams and eyeglasses, and more.


Legal Aid – Graduate Student Association (GSA), University of Waterloo

Graduate students have an opportunity to consult privately with our lawyer, Mr. Cameron Trotter. The Legal Aid Clinic is a service provided monthly by the Graduate Student Association. The appointments take place at the GSA Boardroom on the 2nd Floor of the Grad House. Legal Aid – Graduate Student Association, University of Waterloo. Times are assigned on a first come / first served basis. There is no charge for a consultation appointment.


Income Tax – Graduate Student Association (GSA), University of Waterloo

The Tax Aid Clinics are held in March and April each year to help graduate students with their income tax forms. Consultations are scheduled approximately once a week prior to the deadline for tax form submission. A Tax Seminar is held for general information in March. Income Tax – Graduate Student Association. All the appointments have been filled.