MindCare RTMS Clinic - Choratech. Expand your mind
Using the latest brain stimulation technology and highly refined treatment methods, MindCare offers relief to those suffering from mental illnesses such as depression or anxiety, and also helps patients with numerous other psychiatric and neurological problems. The process of repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) involves stimulating specific areas of your brain painlessly and non-invasively with brief magnetic pulses, changing activity in brain circuitry and bringing symptom relief. The treatment is customized to each patient's specific needs, targeting areas directly linked to mental conditions and illnesses.
Benefits of Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Therapy
- Clinical research has shown that rTMS is often effective even when medications fail, and is comparable in effectiveness to electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) for treatment-resistant depression.
- rTMS is a completely painless, non-invasive procedure with no anaesthetic and few or no side effects.
- The procedure is personalized to the individual needs of every patient, ensuring the most effective treatment possible.
- Most people experience improvement within just one to two weeks after starting treatment.
- Numerous peer-reviewed medical journals have published reports showing that rTMS is highly effective in treating a variety of psychiatric and neurological conditions.
This facility will be part of an international network of rTMS centres, engaged in cutting-edge scientific research and clinical service delivery. MindCare Waterloo's clinical operations are currently expected to begin in early 2011. now to learn more about rTMS and begin the referral process so you can book your treatment early. Keep an eye on Dr. Toman's for updates on the progress we're making on the new facility.