Snow on the flat roofs of trucks and busses is an ongoing headache for drivers. While difficult and time consuming to remove, it can create serious dangers for fellow motorists if left to accumulate.
Finally, there’s a better way.
Truck and bus operators are embracing the Polar B-Air System, a revolutionary touch-free solution that makes rooftop snow removal as easy as driving through a car wash. The fully automatic Polar B-Air generates bursts of hot air travelling at 150 miles per hour, for a process that’s powerful enough to remove 8 to 20 inches of snow with ease.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
When a vehicle approaches the Polar B-Air, it is located by a photo eye which activates the cleaning process:
- A warning beacon/alarm notifies operators that the system is about to start
- Air blowers activate as the vehicle passes by, to conserve power
- The operator drives through the unit
- The rooftop is completely cleared of snow and ice
- Adjustable protection panels control flying ice and debris
WHAT CAN THE POLARB-AIR CLEAN?
The Polar B-Air System can clean any and all of the following:
- Trucks with flat roofs
- School Busses
- Transit Busses
- Coach Busses
ABOUT THE POLAR B-AIR SYSTEM:
- Each blower is waterproof, fully adjustable and heated so it does not freeze up
- The turnkey system is fully automatic, controlled by photo optic eyes so that the driver can remain in the vehicle. It can also be switched to manual mode.
- The system is built on an “A” frame or “H” frame of 8x8-inch, ¼ wall steel for strength, with gussets for extra safety.
- The electrical control panel is heated and fully waterproof. It features four contactors (with safeties) for each 575-volt motor, each powered by phase 3 wires.
- The heater is located in the panel. Heat is sent to the blower motors through vertical uprights and distributed through all of the motors equally.
- The photo eyes are located on two arms and allow the system to achieve full power before a vehicle enters.
- The 12-foot wide and 14-foot high interior allows vehicles plenty of room to pass through.
- The concrete footings measure 24inches wide by 24-inches high. With a 36-inch base, the blocks are 9-feet, 5-inches long and weigh 7900 pounds apiece.
- The fully engineered concrete base will not damage asphalt. It is solid enough to withstand being hit by an approaching vehicle, but can still be relocated and disassembled in the spring.
COMPONENTS INCLUDED IN TURNKEY SYSTEM:
- “A” frame
- Protective panels
- 3 - concrete footings for the system
- 4 - 575 volt waterproof motors
- 2 - photo eyes
- All stainless steel hardware
- Electrical panel with heater
- All hoses from panel to vertical uprights.
- Concrete slab for panel placement
- 2 - photo eye arms
- All internal wiring
- 4 – adjustable nozzles for blowers and brackets.
- Set-up and testing
- 4 motor protectors