The Bridge Hospice is a non-profit charitable organization expecting to receive residents in early 2012. We require a Resident Care Coordinator, responsible to the Board of Directors, working within our mission and in charge of the day-to-day operation of the residential hospice. The individual will clinically assess palliative patients who wish to use the facility; coordinate with partner organizations regarding admissions, resident and family care services; direct administrative staff; recruit, train and direct The Bridge Hospice volunteers; and represent The Bridge Hospice in the community regarding the services offered and the admission process.
- Post secondary diploma or degree in nursing, with 10 years experience
- Knowledge, assessment skills and experience in palliative care and end of life issues
- Minimum of 5 years experience in supervisory or leadership position
- Experience in planning and operations management
- Excellent communication skills: interpersonal, public speaking, written
- Proficiency with current major computer software programs
- Knowledge of the community at large, health care providers and potential partners
- Knowledge of resources available for palliative services in the region
This is a contract position with a term of approximately 2 years beginning February, 2012 and is a re-advertisement for the lead position at The Bridge Hospice.
Mail applications to:
The Bridge Hospice
Warkworth ON K0K 3K0
Attention: Resident Care Coordinator Position
Application deadline: December 16, 2011