TaylorMade R1 Driver
R1 Driver, TaylorMade R1,
TaylorMade R1 Driver at http://www.elitegolf.ca/discount-taylormade-r1-driver.html .
Compared to the R11s the R1 feels more forgiving and the sound at impact is a loud, but strangely likeable, high pitched crash that forcefully announces that you are on the tee and have just pulverised the ball. The 460cc head features a wide deep forgiving face that should benefit all mid to low handicappers. The aerodynamics of have been improved through the use of a thick/thin crown and it seems to make the R1 driver feel a bit more lively than the R11s.
There are various solutions to the adjusted face angle issue and because this club has two points of contact with the ground at address under the face and the sole plate then this is TaylorMade’s answer. As we have mentioned in previous reviews, we don’t really get this method of adjustment as the lie and loft are locked together and just changing the face angle at address does not affect this. However unless you are going to the lowest or highest loft settings then the face angle does not move too much, so the sole plate may not be that much of an issue.
The TaylorMade R1 driver is pricey but the sound, feel, forgiveness and loft options are all top drawer and in our opinion this is one of the better drivers TaylorMade have created in recent years.
Features of R1 Driver:
1. One driver model that can be tuned to fit Tour pros and amateurs alike.
2. 7 standard and 5 upright loft options between 8o and 12o (±2o) to obtain optimal launch angle.
3. 7 face angle options: N/square, open, medium-open, maximum-open, closed, medium-closed, maximum-closed.
4. Shot-shaping movable weights promote a neutral/straight flight or a distance-enhancing draw.
5. Thick-thin crown provides lower and more-forward CG location promoting high launch, fast ball speed and low spin.
6. Inverted Cone Technology milled into the inner side of the clubface expands the portion of the face that delivers high ball speed.
7. Black clubface, non-glare white crown and new gray/orange/ black crown graphic together promote easy alignment.
8. Improved aerodynamics reduce drag over the head to promote faster clubhead speed.
More info at http://www.elitegolf.ca/ .
, TaylorMade R1