What is aspexShapes & Nets?
aspexShapes & Nets is very easy for primary aged children to use.
- Learn the names of 2D shapes and simple 3D solids
- Rotate 3D solids and see how they look from different angles. The program allows the student to rotate by 1/4, 1/2 or 3/4 turns
- Increase or decrease the size of 3D solids by a certain ratio, such as 2, 3, or 4 times the original size
- Add patterns or colors to each side of a solid. Students can even import their own pictures and graphics
- Duplicate shapes
- Print out the NETS, showing the fold lines and glue tabs to fold and glue to make real 3D models.
- Design and make boxes for packaging
- Learn about Tesselations and how to use them
- Shape investigations
- Platonic Solids
- Solar System
- 3D Street Scenes
aspexShapes & Nets in Design & Technology
With aspexShapes & Nets students design and make their own individual packaging from 3D solid shapes. For example, a triangular prism makes a Toblerone pack.
aspexShapes & Nets in Mathematics
Drawing and making shapes on the computer is a practical way to explore mathematical shapes in 2D and 3D.
Draw cuboids, cones, pyramids, prisms and other simple shapes together and see how they unfold into flat 2D NETS.