Investment Management, Management Experience, Portfolio Managers
Value Investing Pioneers in Templeton
- Available in Canada since 1954, Templeton is backed by more than half a century of global investment management experience governing our suite of equity, balanced, and income funds.
- Each Templeton fund is managed with the support of research analysts and portfolio managers located in research offices around the world.
- Our investment philosophy of long-term value investing using a bottom-up approach to stock selection has earned us the reputation as one of the worlds most respected investment managers.
- Backed by a rich history, we have successfully endured numerous bull and bear markets.
- The same time-tested value style continues to be applied across all of Templetons diverse range of value solutions to enhance long-term returns and reduce risk.
Hands on- Research in Templeton
- We look for stocks selling at prices that are low compared to our assessment of their true worth.
- Conducting between 1,500 and 2,000 site visits each year, we believe that the best research is conducted in person, rather than relying solely on reports from outside sources. Hence, undervalued companies are discovered through detailed analysis of financial and competitive positions and in-depth conversations with senior management.
- We are also resolute in identifying companies that possess strong competitive advantages in their industry, and around the world.
We Focus On Individual Companies
- Templeton builds portfolios by looking for individual companies offering the best value, wherever they may be located in the world.
- We are not guided by macroeconomic outlooks for particular industry sectors and countries, or by commodity price trends. Instead, by trading in the best companies we can find, we arrive at a mix of strong holdings across different industries and geographic regions.
- One of the most effective ways to reduce risk without sacrificing the potential of capital gains is maintaining a diversified portfolio of stocks, which comes as a direct result of our disciplined process of selecting quality, discounted companies.
Investing For the Long-Term
- At Templeton, investing is a long-term proposition. Thats why the average time we hold a stock is five years or more.
- In selecting stocks, we examine a companys potential for earnings and growth over a five-year horizon.
- We believe that if you move in and out of your investments seeking short-term results, you may miss out on long-term gains important to your greater financial goals.
- We regard our commitment as long-term, and recommend that you approach your investments the same way.
, Income Funds
, Investment Management
, Management Experience
, Portfolio Managers