Portfolio Managers, Equity Fund, Income Funds
Seeking Growth around the World-in Franklin
- Franklin equity fund portfolios are built around growth companies with sustainable competitive advantages demonstrating strong revenue and projections and/or leading edge products or processes.
- Additional growth indicators include proprietary technology or intellectual property, a unique marketing niche, distinct positioning as industry leaders and visionary management.
Research Driven Investors
- Extensive research is at the core of all Franklin equity portfolios.
- Employing proprietary research models, Franklin portfolio managers and analysts conduct rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis in order to examine fundamentals and estimate growth potential.
- Field visits are an integral and regular part of our process before, and after, a stock is purchased.
- Additionally, industry and consumer trends that impact the long-term prospects of companies are also evaluated.
- Franklin portfolio managers and analysts are strategically located around the world. For example:
- All Franklin U.S. equity, specialty and fixed income funds are managed by Franklin Equity Group from our offices near Silicon Valley in California.
- In Tokyo, Franklin Templeton Investments Japan Limited manages Franklins Japanese equity offerings.
Fixed Income Powerhouse
- With a proven 60+ year track record, Franklin has one of the most substantial global fixed income platforms.
- Franklin Templeton Fixed Income Group brings together the strength and resources of a team of more than 100 fixed income investment professionals manages over US$148.7 billion.
- Leveraging a combined research platform, the team allocates its holdings across maturities, countries, and sectors to capitalize on expected movements in interest rates and currency markets.
- The team uses a strategy of allocating assets among securities across various sectors based on its assessment of changing economic, global, industry, and issuer conditions.
- A top-down analysis of macroeconomic trends combined with a bottom-up fundamental analysis is employed to take advantage of various sector reactions to economic events.
- Our fixed income experts evaluate country risk, business cycles, yield curves, and values between, and within markets.
- The groups diverse capabilities include U.S. Treasury bonds, mortgage-backed securities, high yield bonds, U.S. municipal bonds, sovereign bonds and emerging market debt.
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011
, Income Funds
, Portfolio Managers