A Disciplined Team Approach
- For over twenty years, Bissett has been applying a disciplined team approach to advising equity, income, and balanced portfolios.
- Our equity and income teams meet bi-weekly to discuss their ongoing asset mix and security recommendations with Bissetts Investment Committee.
- This consultative approach to portfolio construction ensures investment style consistency across all Bissett funds.
Growth at a Reasonable Price: Investment Style
- In keeping with our Growth at a Reasonable Price (GARP) investment style, the Bissett Equity Team attempts to buy a stock before its price accelerates beyond the companys earning capabilities.
- We apply a bottom-up research approach to identifying companies with a history of sustainable, replicable growth.
- One of the many selection criteria in this process is that chosen stocks have a modest price-to-earnings ratio.
- As every Bissett equity manager is committed to GARP-style investing, we believe each holding in a Bissett equity fund has good growth prospects and were purchased at a reasonable valuation.
Income and Equities: A Balanced Approach
- The Bissett Asset Mix Team strives to maintain a balance between equity and income securities, and domestic and foreign investments, to suit market conditions.
- We proactively and continually review our asset mix model based on internal and external economic forecasts.
- This discipline is reflected in our balanced funds, which are suited for investors looking for a combination of income and growth.
Stable, Tax-Advantage Income
- Portfolio decisions for each Bissett income fund are based on a combination of macro-level research and analysis and security-level research.
- Our conservative income approach results in fully diversified portfolios characterized by lower downside risk relative to their peer group and attractive yield characteristics.
- Within the Bissett income line-up, investors may choose from funds with mandates ranging from an emphasis on tax-advantaged income to a focus on capital preservation and interest income.