Advances like these are being driven by a combination of improved modulation and coding schemes integrated within today’s satellite networks – networks that Telesat is implementing in North American markets. We have the proven expertise to design, install and manage complex and integrated communications networks for virtually any requirement.
Telesat's networking solutions offer flexible architectures using state-of-the-art teleport facilities and security levels that meet the needs of the most demanding customers. Our end-to-end solutions are backed by world-class implementation, training, and technical support. All this from one trusted source.
Today's satellite networks typically combine two main elements:
- Hardware – consisting of: (a) hubs and related equipment at Telesat facilities; and (b) satellite modems and antennas at customer sites; and
- Space Segment – which can be in the form of C-band, Ku-band, Ka-band (often for consumer services), and X-band for government and military applications.
Telesat has incorporated hubs from iDirect, Hughes Network Systems and others into our North American infrastructure; all are respected leaders in satellite broadband. A single hub can support multiple broadband networks and each network on the hub can have its performance optimized to serve specific applications, meet a range of Quality of Service (QoS) and security levels, and other customer-specified parameters.
Telesat combines space segment options on our North American satellites with the unique capabilities of our hubs and our 24 hour monitoring and support. The result is superior satellite network performance to meet most any requirement with unsurpassed service reliability.
Few operators can claim Telesat’s breadth of experience and leadership in broadband applications and services. Here are some examples of the most sought after broadband applications today, the customers that rely on them, and Telesat’s offerings:
- Private Networks – For Internet access, point-of-sale, distance learning and redundancy. Satellite and terrestrial sites are often combined to create highly resilient “hybrid networks” that can be national, regional or global. Two fully managed, end-to-end Telesat broadband services are:
- – Based on the HughesNet platform, is an enterprise-grade, integrated solution that supports large, geographically dispersed networks; and
- – Based on the iDirect platform, supports higher bandwidth requirements and is also ideal for cellular backhaul and mobile applications.
- Cellular Backhaul and IP Trunking – Telesat works with carrier customers in North American to custom design satellite networks that meet the unique requirements for these rapidly growing applications.
- Mobile Broadband – Telesat has become a leader in this rapidly growing market by selling satellite capacity to integrators that serve maritime and aeronautical customers. In North American markets, Telesat Anik satellites are meeting the mobile broadband needs of both government and commercial customers.