Choose Quality & Luxury for Your Custom Built Home
We specialize in custom home build & design for Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). We are the trusted choice for the fine quality and craftsmanship in the work we do, as well as for the careful attention to personal service we provide.
Celebrated Quality in Our Work
For over 20 years, we have provided the finest quality in custom home build and design for Toronto and the surrounding areas. From conception through to completion, we follow established best practices and standards in building your home. This means we always adhere strictly to the Ontario Building Code, and are fully licensed and insured. We strive to always use environmentally-friendly products and are WSIB compliant.
We stand behind our product. We provide warranties of up to 7 years on most of our projects and structures, and always come in on time and on budget for all custom home builds.
Our Personal Touch
We hold equally high standards for the service we provide to you as we do in the homes we build. Unlike dealing with faceless development corporations, with Stratus Homes you deal directly with the owners, operators and home builders themselves, and receive the benefits of a personal dedication to service and a hands-on approach.
Choosing a Custom Home Builder
The benefits of choosing a custom home builder are clear. Create your dream home, tailored to your tastes and specifications – whether traditional or contemporary, open-concept or divided space. Employ the finest of the latest high-quality and cutting-edge products in the design of your home to achieve the look and feel that you’ve always imagined.
But first, you must select a company to build it for you. Below are questions & tips in choosing a reliable and trustworthy custom home builder.
What is the profile of the company?
- How long has the builder been in business?
- Are they full-time builders? (This is preferred over part-time)
- Does the company have the required licences and registrations?
- Will the company provide a list of previous clients for a reference check?
Talk to the Community
- Do you know anyone who has hired the company previously? Talk to them.
- Do an online search to learn more about their reputation.
- Check the Better Business Bureau for complaints against them.
- Compare and contrast the quality of their work with other custom home builders. Is the price fair for the quality of the workmanship?
- Compare standards and upgrades.
Warranty and After-Sales Service
- Is the builder a member of a third-party new home warranty program? Third-party warranty is mandatory in Ontario (some exceptions apply).
- Do any brand-name products that come with the home also come with a manufacturer’s warranty?
- If the builder provides the warranty itself, ask yourself: Will they still be around when I need it?
- If there are items outstanding, when will they be completed?
- Who can you call if you have any questions?