You are here:
Industrial buildings typically exhaust large quantities of air. This air must be replaced, otherwise problems will occur such as cold drafts around doors, reverse flows through gravity vents and chimneys, and inefficient operation of mechanical exhaust equipment.
The SolarWall fan system is a low cost method to remedy these problems. It can:
Wall mounted SolarWall make-up air fan, with fabric duct
The unit consists of:
- a fan unit
- modulating mixing dampers
- proportional temperature control
- fan, dampers and controls all prewired for easy installation
- flame retardant fabric duct with precision jet openings
The ducting system:
- eliminates blasts of air from air make-up units
- improves air distribution
- evens out cold and hot spots
- saves energy and money
- has a payback of less than one year
The SolarWall duct system is flame retardant perforated polyethylene ducting that can be easily retrofitted to existing or new air equipment. It is hung below a roof from a steel cable using hooks and is available in many stock diameters, and three different configurations. Each duct is custom perforated and cut to length.
Winter mode is available for heated air make-up applications with fixed air jet hole positions to mix outside air with the stratified heat under the ceiling.
Summer cooling mode has holes pointing down to direct the air onto the working floor. Summer/winter mode ducts have supports on the top and bottom of the duct, allowing it to be rotated 180o. This allows the duct to blow air downwards in summer and upwards in winter.