Repository Manager - SDA Mapping and Discovery
Society Of Composers, Authors & Music Publishers Of Canada
Application Development, Enterprise Architecture, Repository Manager
Repository Manager™ (formerly Logidex) enables enterprises to understand what services and other software assets exist, where they’re located and how each fits into a company’s business and technical landscape. By providing a context for understanding and assessing existing software assets, Repository Manager serves to automate the path to SOA.
Repository Manager’s strong integration with leading application development environments, federation with all major service registries and extensive integration with Policy Manager™ enables customers to rapidly develop, govern and deploy services and their supporting assets within the SOA service lifecycle. Repository Manager is used by Fortune 500 customers to drive application agility and reduce cost and risk in their SOA deployment.
Experience has demonstrated that it is 30 times less expensive to make a modification or enhancement during a software asset’s development versus when that asset is deployed. The loosely-coupled nature of SOA in particular demands effective development governance, and the most effective way to discover, access and govern services and other software assets is with SOA Software’s Repository Manager.
Repository Manager’s service development governance platform addresses core issues for any SOA project or reuse initiative:
- What legacy assets are needed to facilitate a transformation to SOA?
- How do I leverage my open source, IBM and Microsoft based application development tools as we create, use and manage our services?
- Is there an easy and effective way to manage and govern the multiple repositories that exist in my enterprise?
Repository Manager Capabilities:
Repository Manager enables enterprises to manage their heterogeneous asset types from a single source. These assets can include services, components (.NET, J2EE, CORBA), legacy systems, and/or knowledge assets, such as patterns and best practices, used by development teams.
- With Smart Controls™,organizations can easily control the service production and consumption process from requirement definition to development.Service consumption processes can be defined to control access to sensitive artifacts until approval is granted, minimizing developer access to rogue, and untraceable services.
- With Asset Relationship Visualization™,users can quickly and easily understand asset to asset relationships via graphical representation. Viewing such relationships in an impact analysis process helps users understand how Enterprise Architecture architecture relates to IT development projects.
- Repository Managereffortlessly shows graphical models representing business and other relevant domains. Model sourcesinclude Visio and UML diagrams, HTML-based graphics and models generated from Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) - based content.
- Repository Manager’s Eclipse-based Configuration Manager allows users to drag and drop development governance rules to meet the needs of their project or line of business. Administrators can easily specify governance policies ranging from a simple, single sign-off approval policy to one that has multiple levels of sign-off andautomated validation points.
Strong Federation with Leading Service Registries
- Support for native federated repositories allows organizations to share assets around the world, while tightly controlling how services are created, viewed and consumed.
- Repository Manager’s federations with leading service registries, including HP SOA Systinet, IBM WSRR and TIBCO ActiveMatrix, automatically synchronize service definitions, metadata and governance states both to and from the run-time environment. This is unique in the market and provides the customer granular control of their various registries from a single point of control, adding consistency and automation to their development governance.
- With Repository Manager’s Asset Import Center,users can scan UDDI V2+, HP Systinet, IBM WSRR and TIBCO ActiveMatrix based registries for commonly used services, easily extracting them into a governed service lifecycle process. Once in Repository Manager, these services can be governed based on user requirements for enterprise service deployments; reducing the risk of application failure, security exposure or other application stability issues caused by ungoverned or rogue services.
Deploy and Manage Assets and Services Effectively
- Repository Manager can automatically invoke compliance policy validations implemented in Policy Manager. The combination of Repository Manager and Policy Manager allows users to replace what was previously a time-consuming ad-hoc exercise with a scalable, automated governance process.
- From Repository Manager, users can launch software artifacts such as executable modules, WSDL files, models and documentation, into the appropriate development tool. Repository Manager’sAnySource Artifact Adapter hides tedious access methods from users, improving the ease of use for artifacts stored in other systems of record.
Discover Assets and Services Collaboratively
- Repository Manager’s discovery engine offers capabilities ranging from simple keyword searches to sophisticated, model-based searches.
- Active Design™ allows business analysts to create a persistent search specification from a business process model. Developers can then add technical criteria to this specification. This ability to easily define joint requirements also ensures that created applications meet business needs.
, Enterprise Architecture
, Repository Manager