Policy Manager - comprehensive closed-loop SOA Governance
Society Of Composers, Authors & Music Publishers Of Canada
Automation Solution, Policy Enforcement, Integrated Soa Governance,
Policy Manager™ (formerly Workbench) is a comprehensive SOA Policy Governance Automation solution offering unique governance processand collaboration capabilities to instill consistency and accountability and encourage desired behavior.
Policy Manager can be deployed stand-alone providing powerful SOA Governance Automation capabilities with built-in lifecycle policy enforcement and operational policy management. It integrates seamlessly with SOA Software’s Repository Manager™ for comprehensive metadata management, and can also be deployed with SOA Software’s Service Manager™, or any other standards-based SOA Operational Governance Automation solution, to deliver comprehensive Integrated SOA Governance Automation infrastructure.
Policy Manager provides an enterprise-class UDDIv3 registry with a role-based JSR-168 compliant Web-based portal interface to ensure that different users have easy access to the features and capabilities they need and use the most.
Policy Manager provides comprehensive SOA Governance tools for all the different roles in the organization including; service developer, consumer developer, architect, business stakeholder, IT operations, security operations, and more. It uses a role-based security model for authorization of policy-driven SOA Governance process control such as service publishing and provisioning processapprovals, and to protect sensitive information.
Policy Manager defines, monitors, and manages Active Contracts™ between consumers and providers. These contracts are created through a negotiation process, supported by ad-hoc collaboration between vested constituents and can be enforced by a standards-based SOA run-time security and management solution like Service Manager. They define the specific policy sets that will be used and enforced, the SLAs and alerts the service commits to, and the access profile and capacity granted to the consumer.
Policy Manager delivers mission-critical SOA Governance capabilities to customers:
Publish and Discovery Process Controls
Policy Manager delivers powerful publish and discoveryapprovals features forservice publishing and provisioning combined with innovative search,browse, and collaboration features to:
Service and Metadata Lifecycle Management
Policy Manager offers comprehensive lifecycle management and governance capabilities to help companies:
- Plan, analyze, design, implement, test, change, and retire designand run-time policies for services
- Plan, analyze, design, implement, test, change, and retire service consumption contracts
- Manage the lifecycle of a service from development, test, production, version update(s), and deprecation
- Identify the impact of a new version of a service and determine an appropriate versioning strategy
Policy Manager is the industry’s leading policy management solution. It allows organizations to:
Policy Manager uses Active Contracts to:
Policy Manager provides SOA value management capabilities, it can:
- Measure and manage the value and effectiveness of SOA in the organization
- Assign real or arbitrary value to service transactions for billing or tracking purposes
- Monitor which parts of an organization are publishing services that have broad value to the business
- Monitor which parts of an organization are reducing costs by consuming services provided by others
- Monitor which parts of an organization need further encouragement to adopt SOA
, Integrated Soa Governance
, Policy Enforcement