When is the Best Time to Preplan Your Funeral?
The best time to begin your prearrangements is now, while you’re thinking about it.
While some people in their 40s and 50s may think it’s too early to preplan, people who do, say that prearranging their funeral is smart financial planning and gives them added peace of mind knowing they aren’t leaving this burden to family members.
By taking time now to collect cost information and calmly making choices related to your own funeral arrangements, you’ll be protecting your family against having to make these decisions at a time of extreme emotional stress. This way you can carefully choose specific items you want and need. Prepaid investments through Ridley Funeral Home allow families to fund their funerals in advance through a variety of investment choices.
The Six Common Reasons for Prearranging Funerals:
Factors such as inflation, parents living separately from their children, (often at a distance), make preplanning one’s funeral more and more important.
The most common reasons people preplan are:
- Planning a funeral takes time; by prearranging many decisions will have been completed by you.
- A record of these wishes will be maintained and easily accessible.
- Your family is not left to quickly gather information or make rapid choices.
- Family members can provide helpful input into preplanning.
- Prepaying a funeral service prevents a financial burden to your loved ones.
- Preplanning can be completed in the comfort of your home or at Ridley Funeral Home.