Like you, we know that in today’s aggressive business world, a great POS system and retail management solution is crucial to improving your operations and staying competitive. And like you, we know that finding and choosing an appropriate solution can be a difficult decision.
Retail-IT is a highly sophisticated, richly featured, and powerful solution designed to improve your business processes, reduce your costs, and increase your sales through the application of best-in-class business processes and technologies, coupled with real-time inventory and system management and reporting tools. Retail-IT is a complete end-to-end retail system, one that helps you take control, optimize your productivity, and maximize your profitability.
Retail-IT is designed to create a seamless workflow for your organization—from the store front to the back office, and on up to the central or head office. While the diagram below illustrates the division of work in a typical organization, we can easily deploy Retail-IT to work with your specific organization’s needs and processes.
Retail-IT’s enterprise solution consists of three main system components designed to manage your businesses information and transactions from the store front, back office, and head office.
- Point of Sale (POS) System – Handles in-store sales related operations.
- Store Manager – Manages all of the POS terminals and transactions within each store.
- Enterprise Manager – Manages the information and reporting needs for the entire retail operation.
Retail-IT’s point of sale (POS) system is highly intuitive, easy-to-use, flexible and configurable. It is richly featured and enables you to quickly and efficiently manage your day-to-day customer sales and interactions. It’s easily customized to your desired look and feel (logos, colours, etc.).
Key features of the POS system include:
- Intuitive user interface helps to improve staff efficiency and reduce training costs
- Quick and efficient processing of sales, returns, and exchanges
- Fast processing of multiple tenders and tender types using any integrated payment gateway
- Automated calculation of appropriate pricing, including discounted and promotional pricing
- Automated calculation of sales totals including appropriate taxes
- Cross-sell and up-sell features to maximize promotion success and increase revenue
- Customizable sales, returns, and gift receipts including adding appropriate messages and information
- Ability to capture customer information and utilize other customer relationship management tools
- Automated cash management rules and real-time monitoring of every cash drawer
- Automated security features determine allowable staff activities (and if / when Manager approval is required)
- Automated tracking of employee availability and attendance (using sign-in / sign-out function)
Back Office Features
Retail-IT’s store management tools improve the day-to-day activities of store managers and back office staff. Retail-IT makes operating all of the terminals in your stores simple and straightforward and allows you to monitor sales, track inventory, manage staff, and generate store sales and performance reports—all in real-time.
Key features include:
- Planning and executing store level promotions with item level or combination discounts
- Commission tracking and reports by sales transaction and employee
- Centralized security profile control by role and function
- Staff management with work schedule planning and timesheet management
- Inventory management with real-time stock levels as well as order and shipment status
- Daily store reports on sales, employees, inventory, and products
Central Office Features
Retail-IT provides access to a wealth of critical information in real-time needed by head office staff to proactively plan, manage, and standardize store operations.
Key features include:
- Real-time monitoring of vital information for individual stores, groups of stores, or all stores
- Set up and manage product catalogs and pricing
- Receive, allocate, distribute, and track inventory using real-time data from the warehouse and all stores
- Perform inventory counts and reconciliations in real-time for individual or groups of locations and/or products
- Set up and manage inventory distribution templates for better logistics planning
- Get summary level and detailed real-time sales and inventory analysis reports on any or all stores
- Make better informed decisions using real-time information on sales, products, and promotion success
- Analyze customer profiles for product and promotions planning
- Set up, manage, and enforce refund policies centrally (e.g. issue credit notes instead of cash)
- Set up and manage product and employee commission rates and structures
- Create, manage, and monitor product bundle sales (with appropriate bundled pricing and inventory control)
- Define automatic, manual, and multi-level promotions for any store or group of stores
- Define combination promotions to increase sales of designated items in conjunction with a key product
Retail-IT is a truly scalable and flexible retail management system. It is designed to expand with you and your business—from your first location and POS terminal right on up to when you become the next big national chain!
Retail-IT gives you what you need right out of the gate – full flexibility and complete control. Whenever you need to add more POS terminals or self-serve kiosks, you add them. Whenever you need to add more locations to your network, you add them. No extra modules, no system extensions or add-ons, no customization—and no waiting. In short, whenever you’re ready, Retail-IT is already ready. Retail-IT will support you every step of the way, ensuring you get the solution that helps you grow your business, in a timely manner, and at an affordable price.
Integration and customization: two necessary—and often dreaded—realities of today’s complex and specialized IT world. Chances are you’ve already made significant investments in your technology infrastructure and business systems, and you want a retail management system that will easily and seamlessly integrate into your existing IT ecosystem. We also understand that in every business—small, medium, or large—you may offer specific products or services, or have unique business processes that you wish to retain that can’t be met “out-of-the-box” by any point of sale system or retail management solution.
Our philosophy is simple: Your business should not have to fit around or adapt to our solution; rather, our solution will fit in with and adapt to your business.
Retail-IT is built in a highly modular and adaptable fashion. You can literally pick and choose those functions you want to utilize, and those which you don’t. And don’t worry about your choices, because if and when you change your mind, down the road, we can turn on any feature or function you desire at any point in time. As well, we can quickly and affordably build new features and functions that conform to your specific business needs and processes. We have extensive experience in integrating Retail-IT with other key business solutions (SAP, accounting systems, payment gateways, etc.). We also offer a variety of hosting options for you to consider.
We will work with you to find the solution that works best for you.
When you choose Retail-IT, you’re choosing to work with Qualicom Innovations, Inc., a recognized and award winning industry leader in IT consulting areas such as business process design, IT architecture and systems design, systems integration and development, IT project management, and user-centered design.
We have successfully built and deployed many systems and solutions, including other retail solutions such as integrated payment gateways, digital advertising solutions, etc. We can even help you spruce up your web site and deploy an integrated e-commerce engine.
We also have a large pool of high-tech IT design and programming expertise that you can call upon when you need it. Our experience in various industry sectors with clients of varying sizes makes us well qualified to work with you in any capacity. And because we strive to build long-term relationships with our clients, the chances are that we will be familiar with your business and your staff when you need us most.