Distribution, Supply Chain, and Fulfillment Services
RHPS provides the finest distribution in book publishing and has been named Amazon.com’s “Vendor of the Year” two years in a row. Core services include:
- Nearly 2 million total square feet with warehouses in Westminster, MD (1.2 mm square feet) and Crawfordsville, IN (600,000 square feet)
- Significant ongoing investments in supply chain technologies resulting in reduced replenishment time, lower return rates, and more accurate inventory planning
- Multimillion dollar data centers in Westminster and Crawfordsville providing storage and maintaining back-up for all data
- Most orders shipped within 48 hours
- Shipping to destinations worldwide
- B2B website where retailers can place and track orders
- One-day laydowns for all titles
- World class customer service
- Special handling, returns processing, billing and collections, customer credit management
Random House Publisher Services offers a wide range of production services that may reduce our publisher clients’ costs while increasing efficiency in the overall process. All production services are optional; you can have RHPS do all of your production or any part of it. The full range of production services include long and short-run book production, print-on-demand (POD), audiobook production, and eBook production.
Client publishers can entrust RHPS production services to help facilitate:
- Faster turnaround times on reprints
- Meeting on-sale dates for new titles
- Reduction of freight costs
- International freight consolidation
- Customs clearing for international shipments
RHPS clients reap the benefits of being sold by the largest and most respected U.S. and international sales force in the industry. Our sales team is organized by channel: book chains, independent booksellers, wholesalers, mass merchandisers, warehouse clubs, special markets, and international.
RHPS has established a structure that keeps our publisher clients’ sales within the greater RH sales organization while maintaining dedicated resources that ensure proper focus. Our committed national accounts sales team is responsible for selling only our clients’ titles to customers including Barnes & Noble, Borders, Amazon, Ingram, Baker & Taylor, and Books-a-Million. The national accounts team provides publishers with regularly updated sales estimates and detailed call reports.
Random House has the largest international sales force in the industry, with representatives based both in New York and on the ground around the world.
With more than 25 representatives, our special markets department is widely regarded as the best in book publishing. They have direct access to thousands of key speciality retailers, wholesalers, catalogues and premium clients.
Our academic and library sales and marketing group offers clients discipline-specific catalogs, web campaigns, trade show representation, and course adoption materials.
Reporting & Analysis
The Random House Portal is your 24/7 gateway to accurate title information and reporting tools, including:
- Real-time title inventory and rate-of-movement
- Point-of-sale (POS) reporting from many retail and mass market accounts
- Sales estimates and customer billings
- Ability to update metadata, author bios, book descriptions, and correlating fields
- Preset and customized reporting providing 360-degree sales visibility and comprehensive analysis
RHPS is responsible for sending bibliographic data feeds and marketing content to hundreds of business-to-business companies.
The standard reporting package includes over 20 various reports which are delivered either via e-mail, ftp site, or Internet and includes the ability to create custom reports.
In addition to our core services, our client publishers can enlist RHPS to provide:
- Direct-to-consumer sales
- Remainder and hurt sales
- Print purchasing and production
- Display + catalog design and production