McCarthy Law - Extensive experience in legal and business matters
Corporate Governance, Legal Department
- We develop a one-on-one relationship with the management
team in order to understand the strategic objectives of the business.
By understanding the business plan and strategy, we ensure that the
legal matters are managed within those parameters. We work with management
to identify critical issues, expectations and success criteria crucial
to the prudent management of legal matters.
- We build on your strengths by understanding your existing
resources whether an affiliate's legal department or a large law firm
whose advice is sought for large projects.
- We will work with teams throughout the organization,
wherever located and with other outside service providers, to make
the company a success.
- We listen to your concerns and achieve your
Virtual General Counsel Services
Give your company the advantage of a Virtual
General Counsel service On-Site and On-Call when you need it.
Our services include advice on:
- Regulatory matters with OSFI, the OSC and the IDA;
- Compliance in the banking and securities dealers context;
- Corporate governance for boards of directors;
- Strategic planning for new and existing businesses;
- Developing and implementing policies responsive to
new laws; and,
- Managing ongoing day-to-day legal matters.
We can help you achieve your objectives
Competing priorities in todays companies mean that you may not be able
to devote full-time resources to the legal, strategic and corporate
development function. We will be a dedicated resource to enhance your
teams effectiveness and responsiveness. We offer:
- Extensive knowledge of the local business and legal
- A leader to facilitate the development and implementation
of strategic plans Trusted legal advisor:
- Who has managed all types of regulatory matters
with OSFI, OSC, and the IDA;
- Who has provided strategic advice and has led
large teams in restructuring, mergers and divestitures;
- Who has managed complex regulatory, corporate governance,
litigation and compliance matters involving potential reputational
risk to the organization;
- Who has negotiated the contracts that are a company's
backbone, - employment, leases IT systems; and,
- Who has ensured that a company is kept current with
the New Laws impacting its business.
, Legal Department