cubewerx.com - Web Coverage Server (WCS
Match & Tetra
Web Service, Map Service, Service Oriented Architectures,
CubeWerx Web Coverage Server (WCS)
A Scalable, Interoperable Platform for Serving Coverage data on the Internet
CubeSERV® Web Coverage Server is based on Open GIS Consortium Web Coverage Server specifications. The Web Coverage Service (WCS) supports access to geospatial data as "coverages" containing values or properties of geographic locations. Unlike the Web Map Service (WMS) which filters and portrays spatial data as a rendered view of the data, the Web Coverage Service provides access to coverage data (unrendered), as needed for client-side rendering, multi-valued coverages, and input into scientific models and other clients beyond simple viewers.
CubeSERV® WCS can transform coverage data into a number of different projections thereby offering an integrated and dynamic view of geospatial data in a distributed environment.
| Key Product Features |
- Supports the three WCS operations: GetCapabilities, DescribeCoverage, and GetCoverage.
- Supports GeoTIFF and generates GeoTIFF from the following sources: GTOPO, DTED, USGSDEM, and SRTM
- Deployed as a Web Service for complete integration into Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
- Suports description and access to grid coverages with homogeneous range sets.
- Supports hundreds of spatial reference systems profiled under EPSG projections and datums and allows users to define custom projections
- WCS version 1.0 compliant
, Service Oriented Architectures
, Web Service