Kingpin Specialized offers the following services: Underpinning
: The process of strengthening and stabilizing the foundation of an existing building or other structure. Underpinning may be necessary for a variety of reasons:
- The original foundation is simply not strong or stable enough.
- The usage of the structure has changed.
- The properties of the soil supporting the foundation may have changed (possibly through subsidence) or were mischaracterized during design.
- The construction of nearby structures necessitates the excavation of soil supporting existing foundations.
- It is more economical, due to land price or otherwise, to work on the present structure’s foundation than to build a new one.
Underpinning is accomplished by extending the foundation in depth or in breadth so it either rests on more a supportive soil stratum or distributes its load across a greater area.
Please contact us for a quote.