When appropriate, we recommend that organizations build an Innovation Plan to manage the transformation process (just as you do an IT or a Marketing plan). The decision to build a plan can be made upfront or it can be made after the training has been completed and the teams want to get a better focus on the process of transformation. Innovation Plans can be created at two levels:
- by the Executive team (supported by the Innovation team if necessary) for the overall Plan
- by each department or team for their own area
Ideaction assists your management team in developing a customized Innovation Plan, including implementation. It is important before we work with your organization in developing your Plan to ensure your executive team is deeply committed to implementing the Plan and understands all the possible actions they might have to take to see it through.
For larger, more diverse, organizations, we recommend the creation of one "umbrella" plan and specific plans for each distinct area. The specific plans are created at each level through a customized deployment process.
There are four steps in an innovation planning intervention:
- Planning the plan
- Developing the strategies
- Developing the action plan
- Planning the implementation
What type of organization does it apply to?
The Innovation Plan can be applied to any size organization, from 15 employees to over 50,000. The process is the same, only the timing and the size of the team to plan and implement are different.
This program can be applied to any type of organization, from start-ups to traditional organizations.
- Best plan adapted to your goals and your current situation
- Best level and type of innovation for each area of your organization
- Direct involvement of managers and staff to create the Plan for their own area
- Structured and customized implementation
- Ability to control the speed and breadth of the implementation
- Ability to create test structures with a high level of confidence