Allow SMEs to Create and Edit XML Documents with x4o
office assistant, Xml Content
Subject matter experts should not have to be burdened with the unnecessary need to become XML experts. With i4i's x4o (XML for Office), XML content creation is as simple as selecting the appropriate XML template and authoring as in Microsoft Word. With x4o, your subject matter experts can:
- Create and edit XML content based on pre-defined templates in Microsoft Word.
- Markup XML in real-time - no post-processing is involved.
- Insert semantic markup through the Office Assistant or right-mouse button.
- Employ normal Microsoft Word functionality to insert XML elements. For example, press the ENTER key and a new marked-up paragraph or list item is automatically created.
- Use pre-defined templates with familiar formatting.
- Collaborate with users using other XML content applications.
- Use any industry standard or custom DTD*. (If you don't have a DTD, simply build one in x4o Designer.)
* x4o can also be configured to support schemas.
, Xml Content