Drupal Ecommerce Solutions | Helidon
E-commerce, Content Management, Management Systems
Why should I use CMS for E-commerce?
Regular e-commerce shopping carts work fine if the functionality of the store site is limited to listing products, allowing customers to purchase them, accepting credit card payments, and all of the other e-commerce features offered by these shopping cart solutions. But what if you also want to support collaborative editing of content, community forums, and other capabilities that could help increase traffic to your site, but are usually only found in Content Management Systems (CMSs)? The best practice will be to combine the best of both worlds — shopping carts and Content Managemen Systems (CMSs)
So, why use Drupal for e-commerce?
If you choose a world-class CMS such as Drupal as a solution for your Online Store you will be able o use functionality of many Drupal modules. There are even more third-party modules created by outside developers, and most of those are made freely available. Some of them are intended for making a Drupal-powered Web site able to operate as an online store, and of these, the Ubercart module is the most capable and widely known.
Also, if you choose Drupal. your customers will find your site more often, experience a secure shopping experience, and hopefully hang around your site longer browsing the content and other customer retention sections of your site. As a store owner, you can be sure that if someone hasn't already developed a module to do what you want on your site, there will be someone around with the knowledge to get it done.
What is Ubercart?
- Content development
- Several great options for ratings and reviews
- Discussion forum
- Community development
- Flexible theming possibilities
Why Ubercart dev team decided to use Drupal ?
- Drupal is very search engine friendly. URL optimization, smart .htaccess, and a host of contributed modules to make your site more friendly and noticeable to Google make Drupal the ideal platform for an e-commerce website. After all, if customers never find your site, they probably won't be buying your product!
- Drupal is a secure application framework. Developers who are much more security savvy have worked hard to eliminate security risks and make it easy for developers to write secure code. This ensures your store's and your customers' information is kept securely and safely out of the reach of hackers and prying eyes.
- Drupal is a powerful and versatile content management system. An e-commerce site needs to do more than just take orders. Customers are growing accustomed to full community sites built around products or product markets. Blogs, forums, product reviews, and articles are becoming essential to attracting and keeping customers in your store. These features are all easy to add and administer to your e-commerce site when it is integrated with a system like Drupal out of the box.
- Drupal and the Ubercart project have an ever growing community of developers. This means anyone looking to start up an e-commerce site using Drupal who needs custom code done will be able to find help. There is a growing market for such work, and companies are even beginning to offer specific Ubercart services to clients.
- Drupal has a growing list of themes available for download and consultants offering theming services. Whether you have a design on hand that needs to be converted to a store theme or need one made from scratch, you will be able to find the help you need. Furthermore, there is a large list of themes ready made and available for download from Drupal.org.
, Management Systems