1. Creates a barrier by blocking the entry of outside air into a building, or escaping air from the interior of the premises.
2. Minimize the use of existing HVAC
equipment to make up for heat losses or gains Vestibules – will increase
efficiency of existing installations, or may replace the need for
building a vestibule, which may take up valuable retail space.
3. Improve employee efficiency by not having to stop to open and close doors.
4. Maintain comfortable ambient temperatures around entrances and doorways for both customers and employees.
5. Open doors increase customer traffic into retail establishments.
6. Can act as both an energy saving device, and, as supplementary or primary fan heater.
7. Dry off floors in entrance ways for safety.
8. Barrier to insects.
9. Interior uses – walk in coolers and freezers, separate varying temperature zones in a building.