Developing countries face special challenges when it comes to sustainable electricity production in remote areas, and creating a successful long-term renewable energy solution requires considerably more than just a technology “fix”. Earth Systems understands that the specific social and environmental context for a project will not only dictate the technology choice but will also determine the key factors influencing the ultimate long-term success of the project. Whether it is micro- or pico-hydro, micro-wind, solar or a bioenergy system, Earth Systems can help match social needs, energy requirements, and a suitable technology platform in a sustainable way.
With hundreds of diverse projects completed in Australia, Asia, Africa, South America, North America and the Pacific since 1993, Earth Systems takes the long view of sustainable development in regional areas. We have in-house expertise in renewable resource mapping, environmental and social impact assessment, renewable energy technologies and associated social integration strategies. Services include:
- Renewable energy resource surveys, assessments and mapping;
- Renewable energy feasibility studies;
- Environmental and social impact assessments;
- CDM project development – generating carbon credit incentives for renewable energy projects;
- Carbon accounting services to quantify the full life-cycle project emissions;
- Independent assessment of project economics and technology feasibility; and
- Engineering design expertise in renewables – particularly in biomass to energy systems and processes.
- CDM project development for a 76 MW run-of-river hydro power project in Lao PDR
- Feasibility study for a 1 MWe bioenergy power plant in Victoria, Australia
- Worldwide small-scale biomass gasification technologies survey
- EIA/SIA for a 50 MW and 1,143 MW Hydropower Projects in Lao PDR