The recent introduction of the HITECH ACT in the U.S. provides financial incentives to physicians and healthcare facilities that adopt and demonstrate "meaningful use" of EHRs and sets limits on the percentage of administrative costs that Health Insurance organizations can carry.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) addresses the need for security standards to protect the confidentiality and integrity of individually identifiable health information. HIPAA Security Rules require a risk-based security assessment and the implementation of appropriate authentication for access to electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI). The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), which is responsible for enforcing the HIPAA Security Rule, recommends two-factor authentication as the Authentication Technical Standard for remote access to ePHI.
Healthcare organizations of all types and sizes can benefit from secure mobile interactions between caregivers and patients. As these brief case studies describe, MobiSecure® users are accomplishing numerous goals, including:
- Enabling secure mobile communication of PHI and specialized healthcare advice between high-risk patient populations and care givers
- Improving case management and treatment compliance
- Providing anywhere, anytime access to patients’ consolidated PHR
- Scheduling visits and treatments with caregivers and sending mobile appointment reminders
- Reminding patients to take medications or follow programs to maintain their health
- Enabling patients to access health tips and actively manage chronic conditions
Diversinet provides patented and proven secure application solutions that enable healthcare organizations to rapidly deploy HIPAA-compliant mobile healthcare (mHealth) applications to anyone, anytime, anywhere in a convenient and cost effective manner.
Our end-to-end solutions for the healthcare industry – provide a range of secure mobile applications that securely and easily connect healthcare organizations and users with vital healthcare information, anytime, anywhere.
- Rapid, Secure Application Development (Native & Cloud Apps)
Allows organizations to rapidly develop their own native mobile applications or utilize cloud computing to access applications over the web. The MobiSecure® Gateway SDK provides direction on how to utilize Diversinet’s encryption technology and strong authentication techniques to create secure mobile applications for all major mobile operating systems and tablet PCs. The solution is comprised of the following components:
- Provisioning Server: provides automatic device recognition and classification
- Validation Server: provides the OATH compliant one-time password validation
- Gatekeeper Server: Performs the auto-registration of authorized users and devices
- Security SDK: consists of mobile Client SDK and REST-based server side APIs
- Secure Personal Health Information and Advanced Secure Messaging
MobiSecure® Health allows healthcare organizations to enable users to take charge of critical health information. Users can securely access manage and share their own health records as well as those of consenting family members in collaboration with their healthcare provider. It provides peace of mind knowing that the most accurate health information is always at hand to help ensure that users get the best care possible when they need it most.
MobiSecure® Health’s advanced two-way mobile technology securely delivers important, time-sensitive data to cell phones, PDAs, or other personal devices. It supports advanced secure data messaging such as alerts, question/response and advanced questionnaires.
- Online and Offline access to current personal health data
- Support for a wide range of mobile device platforms including Java, Windows Mobile and Pocket PC, Blackberry, iPhone, iPad and Android
- Secure Two-Way Messaging delivers single thread or multi thread questionnaires along with appointment requests, reminders and alerts via Data Channel or SMS
- Allows organizations to brand and customize the application via dynamic over-the-air customization
- HIPAA compliant solution ensures privacy and security of health information
- Provide users with Secure, Mobile Access to vital online and offline personal data
- Secure Two Way Messaging between patient and caregiver
- 2 factor strong authentication utilizing AES encryption to protect user information is based on OATH industry standards
- Convenient Over-the-Air provisioning and custom branding of mobile devices and Internet provisioning for desktop PCs
- Can be directly interfaced to support automated clinical reminders and notify patients of results
- Easy to use interface to facilitate extensions and expansions using web services
- Brandable-on-the-fly allows for brand extension and marketing opportunities
- Rapid deployment provides reduced time to market resulting in increased efficiencies
US Army mCare:
- Use of mobile technology to support the rehabilitation of up to 10,000 returning soldiers
- Enhance the outreach of the Army to its Wounded Warriors
- Improve the ability of the Army to track soldiers’ progress
- Data received from soldiers to be used to better personalize and monitor daily care
- Data collected will be used in outcomes research
Mihealth Global Systems Inc:
- Mihealth is a service that empowers patients with the information they require to take better control of their health and wellness
- Mihealth provides patients with a summary of their healthcare information that is reproducible anywhere in the world and can be carried on a mobile device or memory card
- Emergency rooms can now access vital information on a timely basis
- Secure, patient-doctor messaging allows safe and secure communication between patients and their care givers
- Mihealth enhances patient engagement, awareness and participation in their care, as well as helping improve relationships with care givers while streamlining practice management