Toronto English School | Student Services at Diplomat Language School

By: Diplomat Language School  09-12-2011
Keywords: Language Learning

Diplomat offers a wide range of services to make your stay in Canada more comfortable and enjoyable. From the time you make the decision to join our school to the time you return home safely again, we do our best to help you.

Check our most commonly requested services, below:

Have questions about something that's not on our list? No problem. Just send us an e-mail and we'll give you an answer within 24 hours!

The following is general information only. Visa regulations are determined by a department of the Canadian government called Immigration Canada and are subject to change. Do not rely only on what is stated here. Please verify the latest visa information with your nearest Canadian Embassy or Consulate.

Visitor's Visa

If you wish to study in Canada for up to 6 months, you do not need a Student Visa. However, like many visitors, you may need a Visitor's Visa depending on the country from which you hold a passport. Please check the latest requirements with the Canadian Embassy or Consulate in your country.

Study Permit

If you plan to study in Canada for longer than 6 months, you must obtain a Study Permit, available through your local Canadian Embassy.

Please note that you may apply for a Study Permit even if you are going to study for 6 months or less, but are thinking of possibly extending your studies to more than 6 months. In this case, you should apply for a Study Permit in your home country. Students can extend their Study Permit from within Canada, but they cannot get a Study Permit from within Canada.

We strongly encourage you to obtain health insurance when traveling abroad. Health care is quite expensive in Canada and if you are not a Canadian resident, you are responsible for all your health care expenses. We can assist you in purchasing reasonably priced insurance from various insurance providers for your stay in Canada. If you require this service, please indicate the details on your enrolment form.

We know that finding your way around a new city can be confusing. To make your arrival as stress-free as possible, a Diplomat representative can greet you at the airport and drive you to your place of residence. Just look for the Diplomat sign with your name on it and we'll welcome you with a smile. If you require this service, please choose this option on your application form. You will need to provide us with your flight information at least 10 days prior to your arrival. When your stay in Canada is over, we can also provide transportation to the airport. At Diplomat, we try to make traveling as easy as possible.

Aside from English classes, Diplomat offers you a wide range of educational services to support your language learning while in Toronto.

  • Free Internet use
  • English CD-ROM materials for self-directed study
  • Pronunciation audio tapes for self-directed study
  • Library and Daily Newspaper
  • Special guest speakers& learning workshops
  • Free English film & movie screenings
  • Evening classes
  • Student cafe
  • Resume, editing and proofreading service

Keywords: Language Learning

Contact Diplomat Language School


Print this page