On October 25, 2011, Druet writes: “Sorry for the late reply – I’ve been thinking about it. I will accept your offer. How would you like this to go?”
Girouard responds to Druet by advising that he can have a sales and purchase agreement drafted for Druet’s review. Girouard also asks Druet whether a November 15 closing date is acceptable and asks if the mortgage holder is a Moncton or Halifax bank.
Three hours later, Druet responds, “My partner has been in Peru the last few days and I just got to speak with him tonight about the condo. He was not agreeing with the price so I am sorry but I cannot sell to you.”
Leave to appeal has recently been allowed. We await the final determination of this decision.
It is not clear as to whether this case would have been decided differently in Ontario. Only time will tell!