We are distinct from conventional medicine in our belief about why people get sick, in our approach to treatment, and in the medicines and therapies used.
Naturopathic medicine is a holistic approach to health, emphasizing the connection between physiological, structural, psychological, social, spiritual and lifestyle factors affecting health. We understand disease as a process rather than as an entity. Treatments are chosen based on you as an individual, addressing the whole person, and not merely based on your symptoms. This approach has proven successful in treating both chronic and acute conditions.
We endeavor to take your health further than symptom management, treating the root cause of illness. However, we may provide symptom relief as well in order to ensure that you are safe and comfortable while you work to achieve greater health. Our practitioners may use any of the following modalities to treat any number of health complaints: nutrition, herbs, homeopathy, hydrotherapy, body work, acupuncture and lifestyle modifications.
We use natural methods and substances to support and stimulate the body's self-healing process. We provide a complete, individualized and coordinated approach to health care integrating modern advances in knowledge with traditional and natural forms of medicine.
What can you expect from a visit with a Naturopathic Doctor?
* A thorough health history interview
* A place for you to voice your health concerns, for an expert to listen
* Working together to determine what diet and natural treatments make sense for you
* Encouragement for personal and mutual responsibility
What role will a Naturopath take in your life as part of your health care team?
* Empowering, inspiring and motivating you
* A partner in looking for the underlying cause of your symptoms
* Part teacher, part doctor, part health coach
* An advisor in addressing chronic health issues
Why should you see a Naturopath if you are managing your illness with medications?
* To find out about factors contributing to the development of your illness
* To determine how to prevent a progression of your current condition
* To pursue a life without the reliance on daily medication or supplements whenever possible
* To regain a sense of power over your health, to feel like you can have an impact on your illness
We can provide the following:
* General Medical Care
* Pregnancy & Post-Natal Care
* Pediatric Care
* Home Visits
* Telephone Consultations
* Wellness Programs