Developers and lenders must understand the risks associated with a project before deciding whether to purchase or finance a project. Investors looking to acquire new or planned project sites will require a thorough due diligence analysis of the project. For a wind project, not only should the wind potential of a planned project come under scrutiny, but also the land that it will be built on.
CanACRE provides the following due diligence services:
- Project site suitability and land feasibility studies
- Project land due diligence and risk analysis reports
- Legal reviews of option, lease and easement agreements
- Site constraint validation studies
- Planning and permitting risk analysis
- Analysis of other development risks, such as stakeholder consultation or discretionary planning approvals and permits
CanACRE’s expertise in land analysis and project permitting uniquely position it to offer independent assessment of renewable energy project land and the permitting risks associated with developing a project.