Should this happen, BMW Roadside Assistance is ready to help.
Calling for Assistance
24 hours a day, 365 days a year, BMW Roadside Assistance benefits are accessible through a single toll-free number valid throughout Canada and the continental U.S.A.: 1-800-267-8BMW (8269). The toll-free number is answered by a BMW Roadside Assistance Representative who will promptly arrange for the appropriate service.
Please be prepared to provide the operator with your vehicle identification number (refer to the front of your Service Card) and your location.
BMW Roadside Assistance provides the following emergency services without cost to you:
Emergency Road Service Calls
- Battery boost
- Free delivery of fuel (up to 5 litres) to a vehicle out of gas. Customer to pay for the fuel.
Mechanical Breakdown Towing
In case of a mechanical breakdown, transport of your vehicle will be arranged to:
- The nearest BMW motorcycle retailer within 150 km or
- The nearest motorcycle servicing retailer
Should your BMW require removal from a ditch and, once removed can proceed under its own power, winching service will be provided.
Note: In order to obtain any emergency roadside service, you must remain with your motorcycle. The service facility will not provide service to an unattended motorcycle. Service is not included for off-road breakdowns or for transport to or from seasonal storage facilities. For situations where BMW Roadside Assistance cannot provide assistance as requested, you may make your own arrangements with alternate commercial suppliers and submit original receipts for reimbursement of up to $150.00 per incident.
Trip Interruption Benefits
Should your BMW experience a mechanical breakdown, making it unfit to proceed under its own power, we will reimburse you for the following emergency expenses
If you are less than 80 km from home:
Emergency Owner Transportation - Commercial transportation to take you to your destination. Reimbursement of up to $100.00 per incident.
If you are more than 80 km from home, we will reimburse you up to a total of $800 for any of the following combined expenses:
Emergency Transportation - Commercial transportation to take you and your passenger to your destination.
Vehicle Rental - Vehicle rental provided through a BMW Retailer or a recognized agency while your BMW is being repaired. This includes basic daily rental rate, mileage charges, collision damage waiver and tax.
Accommodation & Meals - Overnight accommodation and meals at an inn or a hotel, if you stay at the repair site while your BMW is being repaired.
Return to Repair Site - Commercial transportation back to your repaired BMW.
Special Return of Passenger - Commercial transportation for your passenger continuing to their destination while you remain at the repair site.
Note: These services apply to expenses incurred by you within seventy-two (72) hours from the time of your BMW breakdown.
Traffic Accident Services and Benefits
If your vehicle is incapacitated in a traffic accident you can rely on BMW for the following assistance provided that the same expense is not covered by your regular vehicle insurance.
Traffic Accident Towing - Towing your vehicle from the scene to the nearest BMW dealership or approved service establishment. Reimbursement of up to $200.00 per incident.
Traffic Accident Vehicle Rental - Should your BMW be incapacitated in a traffic accident, stolen or destroyed by fire, you may use this benefit to rent a vehicle. Reimbursement of up to $200.00 is provided for rental charges including basic daily rental rates, mileage, collision damage waiver and tax through a BMW Retailer or recognized rental agency.
Traffic Accident Emergency Transportation - You will be reimbursed for commercial transportation from the accident site to your destination for you and your passenger. Reimbursement of up to $200.00 per incident.
Traffic Accident Accommodation - Accommodations and meals at an inn or hotel, should you stay at the repair site while your BMW is being repaired following an accident. Reimbursement of up to $200.00 per incident.
Traffic Accident Special Return of Passenger - You will be reimbursed for the cost of commercial transportation for your passenger to their destination should you be immediately hospitalized following an accident with your BMW. Reimbursement of up to $200.00 per incident.
Note: These services apply to expenses incurred by you within seventy-two (72) hours from the time of your accident.
Travel Planning Services
BMW's personalized travel planning services will provide you with current maps and details of the roads and areas on your itinerary. Simply call the BMW Roadside Assistance toll-free number to request information. Please make all travel planning requests at least three (3) weeks prior to your departure to ensure that you receive your personalized package in plenty of time.
Your package will include:
- A computerized guide, detailing the route
- Full colour road, city and vacation area maps
- Distance of cumulating mileage charts
- Bypass routing alternatives
- Destination information on local attractions, historic sites, entertainment venues and other places of interest
- Tour and accommodation directories
- Information and points of interest
- A complete list of BMW dealerships en route
Claiming for Reimbursable Benefits
- Should you require reimbursement for any BMW Roadside Assistance covered benefit simply follow these steps:
- Send in your original invoices within thirty (30) days of the date of the mechanical breakdown or accident to this address: BMW Service Card 248 Pall Mall Street P.O. Box 5845 London, Ontario N6A 4T4
- Please indicate the cause and location of the breakdown or accident. Towing claims must be accompanied by the original detailed repair bill.
- Ensure the original invoice(s) for trip interruption or traffic accident services indicate the costs incurred for lodging, meals or commercial transportation and the police report if the service relates to a traffic accident. Note: This service applies to expenses incurred by you within seventy-two (72) hours from the time of your BMW breakdown or accident.
- Upon receipt and confirmation of the information, we will send you a reimbursement cheque for the covered amount.
Roadside Assistance Conditions and Exclusions
- All service operators providing service are independent contractors and are not employees of BMW Roadside Assistance. Therefore, BMW Roadside Assistance cannot and does not assume any liability or responsibility for any loss or damage to your BMW or your personal property resulting from the rendering of such service.
- Any loss or damage is the sole responsibility of the servicing facility and should be reported to the proprietor of the facility and your own insurance company within twenty-four (24) hours and prior to any repairs being carried out.
- Only original receipts and/or charge copies submitted by you will be accepted for consideration for reimbursement. Originals will be returned upon request.
- Any fraudulent alterations on bills for service will render them invalid for claims reimbursement.
- BMW Roadside Assistance reserves the right to decline any claim presented for payment later than thirty (30) days from the date the service was performed and/or to discontinue providing services if, in the opinion of BMW Roadside Assistance, there is abuse of the services.
- Benefits will not be provided where there is any indication at the time of traffic accident or incident of your consumption of alcoholic beverages or narcotics or where you are not in possession of a valid license to operate a vehicle or when your license is under suspension.
- Benefits will not be provided while a vehicle is not covered by Public Liability and Property Damage automobile insurance.
- Benefits will not be provided in the event that charges are attributed to a traffic accident or traffic violation that occurred while you were committing or attempting to commit a criminal offence.
BMW Roadside Assistance coverage does not constitute a warranty, but a service provided to you as part of the BMW commitment to minimize unforeseen vehicle operation inconvenience.