Localization of software and electronic content.
The localization of software and web sites requires both linguistic and technical skills. This range of skills, combined with the use of the latest terminology and project management tools, enables us to provide an appropriate solution, permitting you:
- to increase the quality and consistency of your company's communication at the international level.
- to shorten the time to market of your products and multi-language publications.
- to reduce costs linked to the internationalization of your business activities.
Our translation specialists work in close collaboration with our engineers in order to ensure perfect adaptation to your target markets of:
- your web site, on-line catalogue, e-commerce portal.
- your training content.
- your software, as well as the relevant on-line help and documentation.
- user guides and maintenance manuals for your products.
- your press releases, brochures and product sheets.
File conversion and engineering
In order for us to be able to successfully complete the localization of complex products involving a variety of formats and sources, our team of engineers converts and prepares the graphical, audio and text components in order to send them to the translators.
Once the translation has been produced and approved, we reintegrate and compile these various elements into their localized version.
Management of terminology and translation of content
Our linguists take care of terminology management, the creation and maintaining of glossaries, as well as the translation of the user interface, dialogue boxes, on-line help, installation guide and technical documentation.
There follows a stage of editing, correction and page layout of the text.
Dubbing and audio recording
Anthea offers a complete range of recording solutions for audio and on-line content:
- A recording studio.
- Professional voices - 30 languages.
- Audio dubbing.
- Digital recording.
- Design and production of original sound tapes.
Our software testing procedures involve the following stages:
This stage follows the translation of the text, which has generally been extracted from the software and provided for translation in .rc or .txt format.
Our localization engineers check that the localization process has not impeded the operation of the software. In order to do this, the product that has been localized is installed and tested in the environments and according to procedures specified by the client.
Progress of a typical localization project:
Analysis of the project
Terminology research and the development of a glossary
Creation of the localization kit
Production planning, definition of the schedule, set up of the team
2. Localization of the user interface: translation and adaptation of the screens
Isolate the software strings to be translated
Choose or create a translation memory
Translate and edit the text strings
Resize dialogue boxes
3. Localization of the user interface: testing and delivery
Operational testing of the localized product
Language testing of the localized product
Validation of the interface by the client
4. Localization of the on-line help and translation of the documentation
Incorporate screen captures into the documentation
Translate and edit the help files and documentation
Compile the help files
Rebuild documentation page layout after translation