is an automated filing system, which allows E-Filer to transmit
the tax returns directly from their computer to CCRA's computer.
Only approved Electronic Filers are permitted to access the E-FILE
system on behalf of the taxpayers.
has strict guideline for E-Filers which have to be adhered to.
Ambassador Tax™ established an excellent reputation with CCRA.
Refund within two weeks
In most cases, you can get your refund in about two weeks, which
is much faster than two to three months for mailed returns.
Before the tax return is accepted for processing, CCRA
will perform a series of computer checks and balances. This results
in greater accuracy.
waste and cost
E-FILE is paperless automated system, which reduce the costs of
paper, printing, postage. It is the responsibility of the taxpayer
to keep all documents and receipts in case of CCRA audit.
Deposit of refunds
The taxpayer can have the refund directly deposited to bank account,
by providing the bank account information or voided cheque. This
is another fast and time saving method.
Tax returns can be sent to us early, and the client doesn't
pay an amount owing until April 30
95% of all returns for individuals qualify for E-file. Certain situations-such
as non-resident status, bankruptcy status, and income tax due under
more than one provincial or territorial jurisdiction-make about
5% of returns ineligible for E-file.
following is a list of criteria that would not allow you to use
1. The client is a deemed resident (not subject to provincial
or territorial tax)
2. The client died in 2010 or 2011.
3. The client’s social insurance number begins
with a 0.
4. The client went bankrupt in 2009 or 2010 or
is in bankruptcy status according to Canada Customs and Revenue
5. The client is an immigrant, emigrant or a non-resident.
6. The client’s address is outside Canada.
7. The client is subject to provincial income tax
in more than one jurisdiction.
8. The client is reporting:
- income/loss from self-employment and/or rental operations for
which more than 6 sets of financial statements are prepared.
9. The client is claiming:
- foreign taxes paid to more than one country or is claiming business
foreign tax credit.
- a spousal amount for a spouse not resident in Canada
- an amount for other dependants not resident in Canada
- an overseas employment tax credit (T626)
- a disability amount for themselves, for a dependant other than
their spouse or for a transfer from their spouse and this is a first
time claim or the claim at Field 318 involves more than one dependant.
- capital gains/gifts of capital property (T1170)