Akimbo - Services
visual arts, Job Posting, film and video
film and video
Akimbo services at a glance. See below for more detail .
Akimbos • a single event email blast to our subscriber list, includes content posted to the website, RSS feeds, Calendar downloads, and our iPhone App listings (if event or exhibition)
Akimbits • a includes content posted to the website, RSS feeds, Calendar downloads, and our iPhone App listings (if event or exhibition)
Postings to akimbo.ca, includes content posted to the website, RSS feeds, Calendar downloads, and our iPhone App listings (if event or exhibition)
Social media postings of your content to our Facebook and Twitter followers
Logo Ads on www.akimbo.ca, 80x80 pixel button ads on our website, hotlinked to your URL
iPhone App Banner Ads on the Home Screen, Features & Event/Festival Partnerships
Akimbo Stats: Subscriber list: 8,250 Canadian and international media and visual arts professionals.
Website: Every month our website gets:
- 1,104,000 page views
- 27,000 page views for akimblog
- Akimbo rss feeds get 130,000 reads per month - that's in addition to our website hits, calendar downloads and emails read by our subscribers!
Akimbo has a loyal and steadily growing number of Facebook fans (2,210) and Twitter followers (2,035).
- 40% individuals
- 15% galleries
- 10% media ((Visual Arts, Film/Video, Listings and Electronic))
- 8% educators
- 7% magazines
- 6% critics & curators
- 5% film and video organizations & distributors
- 5% art organizations & councils.
- 4% design & architecture firms
- An Akimbo is that broadcasts your event, opening, exhibition, publication, lecture, performance, screening, launch, job posting, call for submissions, etc. to our list of over 8,250 subscribers.
- Plus, the content gets posted to a page dedicated to your event at www.akimbo.ca for the duration of the event, job posting, or call for submissions .
- Up to five single-event Akimbos are sent daily; these get booked up fast so book early.
- An Akimbit is that broadcasts, to our list of over 8,250 subscribers, your event, opening, exhibition, publication, lecture, performance, screening, launch, job posting, call for submissions, etc. as capsule text + thumbnail image with a link to www.akimbo.ca where a page is dedicated to full information on your event/info.
- Your information stays posted to www.akimbo.ca for the duration of the event, job posting, or call for submissions .
- Event Akimbits go out Tuesdays and Thursdays (except for July and August when they go out on Thursdays only).
- Jobs, Calls for Submissions & Courses Akimbits go out on Wednesdays.
- Akimbits is an excellent opportunity when Akimbo is booked up or for last-minute bookings.
Postings to www.akimbo.ca
- When you don't want your information emailed to our list, or when there are no akimbos/bits available, you can still have your content posted toakimbo.ca
- Your event, opening, exhibition, publication, lecture, performance, screening, launch, job posting, call for submissions, etc. gets posted to our website for the duration of the event or until its deadline
- The website gets 5.4 million hits, 66,000 unique visitors and 1,104,000 page views per month; that’s a lot of traffic and potential viewers of your information
- Subscribers to our RSS feeds on www.akimbo.ca will access your information through downloads directly to their desktop and handheld, no emails involved. Akimbo rss feeds get 130,000 reads per month - that's in addition to our website hits and emails read by our 8,250 subscribers!
- The site reaches a broad arts audience in Canada and all over the world - our site visitors come from Canada, the U.S., Germany, the U.K., France, Japan, the Netherlands, Australia, Italy, Mexico, Brazil, Switzerland, Poland, Spain and many more countries.
Logo Ads on www.akimbo.ca
- Get your Logo Ad on akimbo's homepage - client logos go into the 80x80 pixels squares on the right side of the home and secondary pages
- Your Logo Ad is linked to your website, or any URL you want it linked to
- Use it to promote a special event, launch, conference, new publication, announcement, call for submissions, job, lecture, screening, performance or festival by linking directly to a page specifically about it on your site or ours
- The website gets 1,104,000 page views per month and 66,000 unique visitors - all people who will potentially see your Logo Ad
Social Media Channels
Akimbo has a loyal and steadily growing number of Facebook fans (2,190) and Twitter followers (1,990). We find that some of those people get their akimbo information primarily or exclusively from these social media channels. So targeting them with your message is added value.
James Fowler, Akimbo's Social Media Director will craft your message and send it at the most effective time whether it's to highlight your exhibition opening, book launch or lecture, or to announce your job or call deadline.
Add this service to your Akimbo, Akimbit or Posting.
iPhone App Advertising Opportunities
Quarter Banner Ad Half Banner Ad
HOME SCREEN ADS: (ADD them to your Akimbo, Akimbit or Posting)
Quarter banner ads are linked to your akimbo, akimbit or posting listing already on the app. Ads are automated to scroll across the home screen in a sequence that includes several other banners. Swipe them, or tap on them to take you to your content. Ads are 150x150px.
Half Banner ads are linked to your akimbo, akimbit or posting listing already on the app. Singular and unique, there is only one at a time. Tap on it to take you to your content. Ads are 310x150px.
Accessed through the dedicated Featured tab on the phone, this exclusive space for sequential image/text pages is available for Ads, Promotional Spots & Artist Projects (2 page minimum).
Your event can exclusively populate the Partner Event/Festival section of the Akimbo.App, accessed from a dedicated tab on the phone, and leading to listings pages just about your events. Users can navigate directly to your listings, and have the power to search, select, map, highlight, and save as favourites your events.
Running your event through Akimbo's iPhone App is an effective way to reach young and mobile audiences, enabling iPhone users to plan their event attendance on the go. A unique social aspect of the App interfaces seamlessly with Twitter so that users can interact with each other, post and read live commentary and follow discussions about what they're doing and seeing at your event.
Numerous branding opportunities are available for you and/or your sponsors.
, Job Posting
, visual arts