Akimbo - More About Akimbo eBroadcasts
Job Posting, Media Lists
- Each e-broadcast is sent to over 8,250 subscribers specifically involved in or supporters of visual culture across Canada. Approximately 60% of subscribers are in Toronto and vicinity. People across the country like to know what you or your organization is up to - because it's just good information, or because they're travelling and they want to know what's going on in your city.
- All content from Akimbo broadcasts is posted to our website which gets 5.4 million hits, 66,000 unique visitors and 1,104,000 page views per month.
- Akimbo/bit e-broadcasts are an effective way to let people know about or remind them of your upcoming event, job posting or call for submissions. People pay attention to Akimbos and Akimbits and so audience numbers increase, jobs get filled faster, more submissions come in.
- Akimbo/bit Media Lists are extensive and national, with specific penetration into Toronto. All Akimbo and Akimbits e-broadcasts are sent to our media lists, increasing the chances that your event is noted, listed, highlighted, reviewed or written about, and therefore, well attended.
- With no design, printing, paper or postage costs, they're easy, economical and ecological too.
1. Request a Booking:
Book an Akimbo - What you do / What we do:
- We advise that you book at least 5 to 6 weeks in advance but we cannot guarantee availability. Akimbo sends a maximum number of broadcasts per day and we get booked up fast.
2. Send Copy:
- Copy must be emailed to us by 5pm 4 days in advance of your e-blast date to allow time for us to format it and send you a proof. If copy is received after the deadline your akimbo will be canceled.
- Akimbos and Akimbits are sent to our extensive media lists but ONLY if you include a Media Contact name and number (i.e. someone the media can contact directly about your event).
- Word limit is strictly a maximum of 1,000 words
- Make sure to include in your copy:
- Name of organization/gallery
- Name of artist /event/show
- Dates/opening reception/hours
- Location/address including city
3. Send Image:
- 2 images (including your logo) may be included and each must be 72 ppi jpgs no larger than 80Kb sized to approximately 5"x6".
- Akimbos do not include sponsor logos.
- We will send you a copy of what the email will look like when broadcast - we call it a proof - two days before your booked e-blast date.
- Proof is for format sign-off only, not for copy-editing. Additional charge of $25 will apply each time you copy-edit a proof so please make sure your copy is accurate the first time.
Billing and Payment:
- Multiple bookings are billed upfront.
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011
, Media Lists