Akimbo - More About Akimbits
Jobs, Job Posting, Media Lists
- Each e-broadcast is sent to over 8,250 people specifically involved in or supporters of visual culture across Canada. Approximately 60% of subscribers are in Toronto and vicinity. People across the country like to know what you or your organization is up to - because it's just good information, or because they're travelling and they want to know what's going on in your city.
- All content from Akimbit broadcasts is posted to our website which gets 5.4 million hits, 66,000 unique visitors and 1,104,000 page views per month.
- Akimbo/bit e-broadcasts are an effective way to let people know about or remind them of your upcoming event, job posting or call for submissions. People pay attention to Akimbos and Akimbits and so audience numbers increase, jobs get filled faster, more submissions come in.
- Akimbo/bit Media Lists are extensive and national, with specific penetration into Toronto. All Akimbo and Akimbits e-broadcasts are sent to our media lists, increasing the chances that your event is noted, listed, highlighted, reviewed or written about, and therefore, well attended.
- With no design, printing, paper or postage costs, they're easy, economical and ecological too.
- In Events Akimbits (Tuesdays & Thursdays / Thursdays only in July and August), your email is included in a with a thumbnail image, which links to a single page dedicated to your event on the akimbo website.
- In Jobs, Calls for Submissions & Courses Akimbits (Wednesdays), your email is included in a with a thumbnail image, which links to a single page dedicated to your listing on the akimbo website.
1. Book an Akimbits:
- broadcast requesting a booking to . Akimbits go out Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays only. One booking means it goes out one day only. Please note that we do not take bookings over the phone.
- While there is a limit to the number of bits included in each akimbit, we will try to accommodate your request.
2. Send Copy:
- Proofs are not sent for Akimbits, so please make sure your copy is accurate and complete.
- Word limit is strictly a maximum of 1,000 words.
- Akimbos and Akimbits are sent to our extensive media lists but ONLY if you include a Media Contact name and number (i.e. someone the media can contact directly about your event).
- Make sure to include in your copy:
- Name of organization/gallery
- Name of artist /event/show
- Dates/opening reception/hours
- Location/address including city
- If you want it sent to the media, include a Media Contact name and number.
3. Send Image:
- 2 images (including your logo) may be included. Size the images to approximately 5"x6" as jpgs, 72 ppi and no larger than 80K. We resize one of them for the thumbnail (let us know if you have a preference).
- Akimbits does not include sponsor logos.
Billing and Payment:
- I nclude your billing name, address, phone, fax and email in your correspondence with us.
- Invoices are emailed to existing clients within 1-3 weeks of booking. Payment due upon receipt by cheque or online through PayPal or Interac Email Money Transfer. We do not take credit card information over the phone.
- Multiple bookings are billed upfront.
, Media Lists