We provide professional and experienced Access Supervisors who help create a safe, neutral, and stable environment during a non-custodial parental visit with children.
Our Access Supervisors monitor the interaction between the child and their non-custodial parent in an objective and unbiased manner, enabling them to have a safe and enjoyable visit in a stress-free and relaxing environment.
Family Law Professionals makes every effort to match the most suitable Access Supervisor to the family’s needs and strives to provide the same Access Supervisor for every visit.
Family Law Professionals provides Access Supervisors experienced in handling high profile and difficult cases including those where physical intervention may be required. Our Access Supervisors intervene when and if necessary to avoid harm to the child.
All FLP Access Supervisors are subjected to a thorough background investigation. They are professionally trained and certified, and are actively managed.
They are selected based on personal character and offer:
- Strong morals and ethics
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Professional problem solving and accurate judgment
- Sound observational skills and a calm comportment.
The duties and responsibilities of FLP’s Access Supervisors include:
- Acting impartially
- Accurately reporting what is seen and heard during each visit
- Intervening as necessary to avoid harm of any kind to the child
- Placing the child’s interests first
- Providing a verbal report to the supervised parent immediately after each visit summarizing what went well and what could be improved during future visits
- Detailing observations of communication, interaction, and areas that need to be addressed
- Writing and submitting a visitation summary report within 24 hours of each visit.
Access Supervision services offered are:
Custody Exchange Monitoring
This service allows the custodial parent to entrust the child to an Access Supervisor who meets the child at a pre-arranged, safe, and neutral location, and returns the child to the custodial parent once the visit is finished. Our Access Supervisors and staff will always try to make the process as comfortable for the child as possible.
Off-Site Visitation Monitoring
Supervised visitation services are conducted at various locations within the community.
On-Site Visitation Monitoring
Supervised visitation services are conducted in a structured and secure location as identified in the Court Order. This type of visitation provides the highest level of safety and security for the child, visiting parent, and monitor.
An Access Supervisor monitors the telephone conversations between the child and the non-custodial parent to ensure only appropriate content and conversation is being discussed.
A licensed or certified health care professional supervises the visit between the child and parent. The role of the therapeutic supervisor is to actively intervene when appropriate, help facilitate a positive relationship between the non-custodial parent and the child, and make recommendations for improvement.
Video Conference Monitoring
An Access Supervisor monitors video conferences between the child and the non-custodial parent.