Terms and Policies
Dance Kids Canada
• All students must arrive to class in dance attire.
• No street clothes will be permitted.
• All students’ hair must be tied back and secured for class.
• No jewelry may be worn during class (earrings, watches,
• It is very important that all belongings are labeled. CLASSROOM RULES:
• No food or drinks of any kind are permitted in the dance
• Class will be conducted with the doors closed; this will
avoid any distraction from the lobby.
• Students must arrive to class on time and be prepared to
• Attendance is taken at the beginning of each class.LOBBY RULES:
• No student is permitted to leave the building without an
• Please try to keep the lobby as quiet and clean as
• Please do not interrupt the teacher while the class is in
• We are not responsible for unsupervised children.
• Viewing days may be scheduled with the instructor.SUBSTITUTION:
• The school reserves the right to provide a substitute
teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach
• If a teacher is ill and the school cannot arrange a
substitute, any missed classes will be made up by the school at the majority’s
convenience. WITHDRAWALS AND REFUNDS:
• There is a two-month minimum for all classes.
• Withdrawals can only be processed after October 25.
• Withdrawal must occur within the first 7 days of the month.
• No withdrawals will be accepted after April 1.
• Withdrawal must be done in person and
will not be accepted over the phone.
• To withdraw from classes, a parent or adult student must:
(A) inform school
(B) complete a Withdrawal
Form at the school office.
• Upon completion of the withdrawal process,
the regular billing will be dropped after 30 days.MONTHLY TUITION POLICY:
• Tuition is based on a total of 32 classes per year.
• Tuition is due the 1st of each month - excluding December.
• Tuition is the same amount each month regardless if it is a
3 or 5 week month.
• We accept cash, checks, Visa, Master Card and AMEX.
• All checks should be made payable to Dance Kids Canada
• After the 10th of the month a $15.00 late fee will be
• There is a $35.00 charge on all returned checks.
• If your account falls behind more than 2 months, enrollment
will be terminated.
• Money is not refunded for missed lessons for any reason. SNOW OR BAD WEATHER POLICY:
If it is necessary to cancel lessons due to bad weather such as snow and ice, a
recorded message will be placed on the answering machine “Classes have been
Please appreciate that we will not have enough time to call everyone back.
There will be NO reduction of tuition. All classes canceled will be
rescheduled. The dates will be specified by the instructor.HEALTH:
You are the best judge of your child’s health and we trust you will not bring a
sick child to the studio. However, if in the opinion of the teaching staff your
child is sick, we will call you to come and pick-up your child. Please inform
the administration and instructors of any health issues such as allergies,
injuries or condition.DISCARD POLICY:
The studio reserves the right to cancel the enrollment of a child for the
• Non-payment or excessive late payment of fees.
• Not observing the rules of the studio.
• Physical and/or verbal abuse of any person.INJURIES:
Parents, legal guardians of minor students, and adult students waive the right
to any legal action for any injury sustained on school property resulting from
normal class activity or any other activity conducted by the students before,
during, or after class.KEEP INFORMED:
It is the responsibility of the parent or adult student to be aware of all
school activities, including viewing days, rehearsals, performances, and the
dates the school is open and closed. The school will post notices of the dates
and provide copies of the school's calendar of events. It is the responsibility
of students and parents to ensure they are informed of any changes to the
schedule by regularly checking the bulletin board and reading the newsletters
that are sent home and available in the lobby.Dance Kids Canada is not responsible for lost or stolen items.I have read, understood and accept Dance Kids Canada policies.
Signed, Director of Dance Kids Canada .
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011