Successful Dance Educators
Dance Kids Canada
Successful Dance Educators - Have a genuine love for children.
- Bring out the best in their students by motivating and inspiring them.
- Enter the classroom free of personal distraction, giving total focus to their students.
- Sense and respond to the individual need of each student.
- Always have the welfare of the student in mind.
- Know what is physically appropriate for their dancers.
- Select age-appropriate music and choreography.
- Understand that each student is an individual with something to offer.
- Maintain control of their classes by discipline, engaging, and directing their students.
- Encourage students to learn from each other.
- Build variety - in music, presentation, orientation, structure, even guest teachers into their classes.
- Continue their own educational process, in order to offer the best and most up-to-date technical training to their students.
- Appreciate and respect their fellow dance educators.
- Stand up for their beliefs or studio policies.
- Believe that teaching dance is about passing on an art form.
- Aspire to be the best educator they can be.
- Understand that the value of dance is far greater then awards, trophies, or honours.
- Want to be doing exactly what they are doing.
No articles found in this category.