Becker Varis - Smart Com Leaky Feeder + Ethernet System - smartcom benefits
Radio, Network, Ethernet
- Smart Com Leaky Feeder provides two-way communication underground which means constant contact with miners throughout the mine. Smart Com also supports automated man-workingalone systems, integrated cap lamp radios and pagers. The technologically advanced high-gain, low-noise Smart Com amplifiers enable superior, contiguous VHF radio coverage so that the message is sent and received loud and clear.
- Ethernet over Smart Com enables safety systems such as gas sensor, seismic and resource tracking systems to be installed quickly and easily.
- Smart Com IS is certified to Intrinsic Safety standards so it can be installed even in the most explosive areas of a coal mine.
- Real time, two-way, push-to-talk voice communications is the proven technology for dispatching and team co-ordination. Only Smart Com Leaky Feeder provides up to 16 VHF radio channels without intermodulation noise so channels can be allocated to groups which cuts down on radio chatter and improves channel access.
- Remote diagnostics combined with local diagnostics enables faster troubleshooting which means technicians can be dispatched and sent directly to the problem area.
- Ethernet over Smart Com enables productivity enhancing tools like computer networking, Internet access, IP cameras, VoIP and resource tracking, all on a simple to install and maintain network that is familiar to mine personnel.
- No third-order intermodulation products with 16 simultaneous channels
- Any Leaky Feeder system can be converted to Smart Com Ethernet at a fraction of the cost of installing fiber or twistedpair networks.
- Wired or wireless Ethernet over Smart Com can be used to control fixed plant equipment, such as ventilation fans, saving energy and equipment wear. In areas where high speed data is required, simply install the Smart Com Cable Modem and 802.11b/g Access Point to create a small hotspot.
- Narrowband radio modems can be used to provide a 9600 bps fixed/mobile data connection over the entire coverage area of the Leaky Feeder network.
- Smart Com also supports CCTV video for applications where IP video is not suitable.
, Cctv Video
, Data Connection
, Feeder System
, Leaky Feeder
, Leaky Feeder System
, Radio Modems
, Remote Diagnostics
, Resource Tracking
, Tracking Systems
, wireless ethernet